reality

He sat on the soft couch, feeling like he was going to fall right through it.

"What am I going to do with you...?" Bakugou-san muttered as she gently cleaned his roughened up palms. The disinfectant stung, but that was the last thing on Arashi's mind.

He did not speak, for too many thoughts were running through his head.

No...that was a lie.

There was nothing on his mind. Pure nothingness. He was like a blank canvas that just wouldn't allow anything to stain it.

"I apologise for my student's actions," Aizawa broke the silence, "I am well aware that he has caused you trouble."

A really not needed scoff came from the side, and Arashi didn't bother to glance in Bakugou's direction. The blond had not said a word since the moment they went inside, but it was obvious he was avoiding looking at Arashi.

Gee, Arashi wondered why.

"Don't all teens go through a rebellious stage?" Bakugou-san asked, settling the cotton puffs on the table. Without another word, she reached towards Arashi and he bit back a flinch as she pressed at his chin, lightly turning his head to the side. "These are their most vulnerable years."

Arashi pressed his lips thin, stopping himself from saying words that would just cause more trouble. One look at Aizawa told him that he sure as Hell should keep his mouth shut.

Most vulnerable years...? What, did she think all his troubles would just go away when he's no longer a teen? When his rebellious stage passed? That was all false, and both he and Aizawa knew that.

"That is true."

Aizawa was lying, but he kept up the facade.

He sure didn't want to reveal just how fucked up Arashi was, huh?

What a charade this was.

He could not keep himself still any longer. "I..." With his hands, he pushed himself up to a standing position, and, without hesitation, bowed his head and spoke, "I apologise for all the trouble I've caused you. I will make sure it doesn't happen again."

As much as he did not want to say any of that, this was a situation for which lies masked with kindness were needed.

"Ah, so you're not sick to the stomach any more?"

Of course that was the moment in which Bakugou decided to jut in.

"That's fantastic."

His mother's reply was immediate: "Katsuki, shut it!"

To be quite honest, Arashi expected him to be put off by the kiss for a bit longer. True, he wouldn't look at him for half an hour, but now he was glaring at him just fine.

"Does your mouth feel lonely?" Arashi arched a brow at him, lips pulling back into an unrestrained sneer, "I can either give you a fist or another kiss."

Cue the silence.

"Another...kiss?" Bakugou-san was in a state of...surprise? If you could call it that.

"You fucking-!" Bakugou practically sailed over the coffee table with his hand reaching out to Arashi.

And Arashi promptly rolled back over the couch and bolted.

"Bakugou!" Aizawa's yell was useless, as were his tries at stopping Bakugou with his quirk.

"I don't need no damn quirk to strangle someone!"

Strangle? "Kinky!" Arashi called out, feet sliding across the carpet. By the will of God, or perhaps Satan himself, the carpet decided to give up on life and throw itself to the side.