underneath it all

He called Aizawa to come get him.

The moment he entered the car, he was addressed. "That was sooner than expected."

"He was asleep."

From the side, he noticed Aizawa look at him.

"I didn't wanna wake him."

Thus Aizawa looked away, and the car engine roared to life. The ride back to the apartment was slow, a quiet song filling the silence.
.
.
.
When they went in, Aizawa told him about the dorms.

In a way, it wasn't a surprise to him. After everything that happened, both at USJ and the training camp, the only possible way of securing the students was to keep them in a highly secured area. A dorm building close to UA was the solution.

As he stood in his room, he...realised he was going to miss being here, somehow. As much as he kept convincing himself, he made peace with the fact that this apartment became something akin to a home to him. Well...it wasn't really the apartment, was it? He said it himself, the home he saw wasn't this apartment...but Aizawa himself.

As long as he had him, he'd be fine.

_

His things were moved from the apartment and presumably into the dorms. There wasn't exactly much to take, just a bed, a single nightstand and a dresser. He didn't have much, nor did he need anything else.

When they arrived to UA, he followed Aizawa to where the dorm was.

It was...big, to be honest. Larger than he expected it to be. They didn't hold back, it seemed.

Everyone else was already there, standing in a group.

"Genzai!" Kaminari was the first one to see him, and he waved his hand with a grin on his face. "Glad you're in good shape!" After that, everyone's attention was on him.

Midoriya peeked around to look at him. "Genzai, you're here!"

"Where else would I be?"

At that, the boy blinked, but the smile didn't disappear. Ah, was that the wrong thing to say? He...thought about it, a bit, about his...behaviour towards his classmates. It was weird. Not his behaviour, but the fact he even thought about the topic. He never cared much about what others thought, or did he? Aizawa said something about that before, how he...pretended a lot. But...what use was any of this?

After all, he's leaving in less than six months.

"We heard you were in the hospital, but we didn't know in which one; Aizawa-sensei wouldn't tell us." Midoriya continued, "And we didn't know what happened to you. We were only told you were okay."

Huh. Aizawa really didn't tell them anything.

"It wasn't anything serious."

A clap stopped their conversation, and Arashi looked at Aizawa whom stood in front of them all. "Now, I'll explain briefly about the dorms, but first- For now we will focus on getting the provisional licenses we were planning to have you get during the training camp." A few of his classmates said something, but Aizawa stopped them again. "This is important. Listen up." Thus he looked at a few of them as he spoke. "Kirishima. Yaoyorozu. Todoroki, Midoriya, Iida. These five went to go save Bakugou that night."

Ah. Those five, huh...? So it wasn't pro heroes?

Aizawa didn't tell him this.

"Your reactions tell me that you all were at least aware of it. I'm going to set aside a number of issues and say this: If it weren't for All Might's retirement, I would've expelled everyone except Bakugou, Jiro, Hagakure and Genzai. Of course the five that went, but also the twelve who knew but didn't stop them betrayed our trust, no matter the reason. I would be grateful if you could follow the proper procedures and act properly in order to regain that trust. That is all. Now we're going inside. Let's have some energy!"