hiraeth

Aizawa's car wasn't as comfortable as he hoped it would be, but it could've been worse.

The ride was spent in silence and brief glances through the rear-view mirror, "You can stop looking at me like that." He spoke, turning to look out the window.

"Like what?" Aizawa asked, once again glancing at him through the rear-view mirror.

"Like I'm going to break down at any second." It was starting to be annoying at that point.

"Are you?"

Well, that was a dumb question to ask.
"Of course not. I don't do breaking down."

"Your mother died. Breaking down is the most plausible thing you can do."

Died?
"She didn't die, she was murdered and we both know that."

He truly wasn't prepared for the car to suddenly come to a halt. His cheek slammed into the front seat's head rest and he felt like his jaw was about to pop out of place, "What the hell?!" He exclaimed, hands coming to grasp around the head rest.

"How do you know that she was murdered?" Aizawa was looking back, fully turned towards him.

How he knew? How couldn't he know?
"That man always had a thing for fire."

Aizawa's expression didn't give away what he was thinking, but Arashi knew that multiple thoughts were running through his mind, "So it would seem." Came the awaited reply.

What a funny thing to say in a situation like this.

"I never held him responsible for what happened," he spoke, staring straight at Aizawa, "That may sound odd to you, but it's the truth," Nonchalantly, he shrugged his shoulders, "Years passed and I was forced to watch my mother's mental state deteriorate with each day that went by."

Day after day, he would listen to her cries and screams and try to prevent himself from hearing them, only to fail in doing so. Day after day, he'd watch her swallow those pills and hope that a day she wouldn't need them would come, that it would hurry up and come so that they could be a family again—a true family, as much as they could be. Day after day, he'd come to the conclusion that the day would never come, that he was stuck in an infinite loop of the same day, the same feelings and thoughts.

Day after day, he hoped that it would all end.

"And now?" Aizawa asked, dark eyes bearing straight into his own.

Now? Now? Now? Now? Now?

Instead of answering, he looked away, unwilling to say anything else.

Aizawa didn't ask any more question and the car went into motion a few moments later.

_

When the car came to a stop, the first thing Arashi did was open the door and step out, itching to stretch out his limbs from the uncomfortable ride. For a moment, he was caught off guard by the colours of the sky blending together, but he found himself looking up at them, searching through his mind for the name of the colour that was before him.

He came up with none.

"You were unconscious for a while. The doctors said it was from shock." Aizawa spoke up from behind him.

Shock...? That was... plausible.

The man walked past him and headed towards the small apartment building that was in front of them. Not saying anything to that, Arashi followed after him, careful not to trip on the cracks in the pavement. The stairs that led up the building weren't in poor condition, but they weren't in good condition, either. Hmm... for a hero to live in this kind of building was surprising, to say the least, especially for a hero who also works at U.A.