my prayers have become ghosts

AN: Warning! There will be some degrading name-calling later on. I do not condone this type of behaviour at all. There's also graphic descriptions of violence. Read at your own risk!
I decided to update another chapter for this story.

(This chapter was supposed to be up a while ago, but it seems I forgot to publish it. My bad!)

He somehow managed to get under Bakugou's radar as he got himself a packet of pre-cooked Taiyaki from the vending machine in the cafeteria. As soon as he had the food in his hand, he slipped out of the cafeteria and made his way outside and into the courtyard.

Surprisingly, there was almost nobody there.

That was where he spent the rest of the lunch break... alone and in peace.
_

The peace didn't last long.

Classes ended without an incident. Bakugou decided to ignore his existence as if Arashi was death itself, which was actually pretty funny to witness. A calm Bakugou. He didn't know him for long, but seeing him not yell and scream and threaten to kill everyone was a bit... weird. Not that he was complaining, though, he very much preferred it this way. 

And then, the peace was broken by a sudden crowd that appeared in front of the classroom. 

"What's going on?!" Uraraka exclaimed, standing near the door.

"What business do you have with Class A?" Iida asked, staring at the mass that blocked the exit out of the classroom.

Mineta stepped closer, "We can't get out!" He yelled, raising his fist in the air. "What'd you come here for, anyway?!" 

Arashi closed his eyes and propped his bag over his shoulder. Great. This was just what they needed. More trouble. It was obvious why the other students were there, and none other than Bakugou voiced his silent thoughts, "Scouting out the enemy, small fry," He spoke up, causing the short boy to point at Bakugou in disbelief. "We're the ones who made it out of the villain's attack. They probably wanna check us out before the sports festival," He stopped in front of the door and stared at the other students, "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, extras!" 

Extras? What a nice nickname...

"Stop calling people 'extras' just because you don't know them!" Iida reprimanded the blond boy from the back, while Midoriya and Uraraka had a mini panic attack besides him.

This was just going to blow up in their faces in the end. The pun was intended. 

Arashi bit back a yawn as he leaned against someone's desk. He really didn't want to get involved with their petty squabbles, he had somewhere he needed to be. With that thought in mind, he pushed off the desk and walked past Iida and the others. But, just as he was about to do the same to Bakugou, a voice rang out, "I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant," From within the crowd, a violet-haired boy stepped out. "Are all the students in the hero course like this?" 

Cue Bakugou's angry expression. 

Arrogant? Arashi wouldn't call himself that.

"Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned," The boy scratched the back of his head. "There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. Did you know that? The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may also transfer people out."

Oh? Was this a bold attempt at intimidation? To be honest, Arashi was kind of immune to things like that. The spoiled brats back at his junior high were a menace to deal with, but he was thankful to them for that, at least.