the doors

He had a dream.

It was a sudden one, not really spurred on by his actions or thoughts, but it came and left him winded upon waking up. A funny thing, wasn't it? He didn't think he'd dream of his past any time soon, yet here he was, sitting on his bed in silence.

His father was in the dream, as was his mother, and they...talked. It wasn't anything in particular, but now that he had a clear image of it in his mind, he wondered why he didn't remember it until now. In the dream, he asked them if he would ever find someone for himself, like they had each other.

What he received was a smile, and words of encouragement, "You'll find someone, and you'll love them just like we love one another."

And he laughed. Him being the dumb and innocent and naive child that he was, he laughed and nodded his head, unaware of the future. He was unaware of the abandonment, of the loneliness, of the want for connections and family that he would experience in the years to come. He was stupid, so, so stupid and trusting and dependant on the people around him.

How he forgot this memory, he did not know, but, somehow, remembering it now made him realise some things; A love like theirs was no love at all, and he'd rather have none than suffer through the possibility of ending up like them.

_

"You're going to Tokyo." Aizawa dropped the news without prior notice.

They were in the living room for a while now, neither of them saying anything, and that was the first thing he said? You're going to Tokyo? No explanation, no anything. "Why?"

Aizawa looked at him, right in the eye. It was a wonder he could do it now, when he couldn't before. "For your internship."

Oh yeah. Arashi forgot about that part. An internship. "Does me not going to the Sports Festival not mean I got no offers?" No heroes saw him fight. No heroes saw his capabilities. So how was he going to an internship?

"Even if you get no offers, local hero agencies are open for an internship."

Local hero agencies? "I didn't know Tokyo counted as local." This time, Arashi stared right at him. The man was expressionless. Nothing indicating his current state of mind or his thoughts. He was an empty sheet of paper.

"You got an offer."

Well ain't that a surprise. "From who? A stalker?" How did this person know him?

"No. A...schoolmate."

Ah. That was even more of a surprise. A school...mate? Arashi didn't think Aizawa had any friends, you know...because of his absolutely irresistible personality. "Who are they?"

"Saito Ena."

Arashi waited for more.

Aizawa said nothing else.

So that's how he wanted to play, huh? Well, luckily for him, two could play this game. "So...Tokyo, huh? That's a long way away from here."

Aizawa didn't even look at him. "Then you better start packing."

Fucking Hell.

_

His last words as they separated were ones that he contemplated on. To say or not to say. They were eating at him, clawing their way up his throat until the only thing he could do was say them.

"I thought you were better than this, Sensei."

And the train doors slid shut, leaving Arashi to stare at Aizawa's crumbling expression as he went further and further away.