the door

AN: HI! Here's a random update. Not quite satisfied with what I wrote but oh well. Idk when the next update will be, so keep waiting!

"What you wished for came true."

Lightly, he pulled the jacket tighter around his body.

"What you wanted most happened."

The weather wasn't as cold as before, the season's changed and brought forth warmer mornings.

"He came back for you...but you're the only one that left, in the end." He looked down at the sleek gravestone. "And I'm alone yet again."

The name of his mother laid engraved in the cold stone, as if mocking him. She laid beneath it all, still and in peace, while he was left to pick up the pieces his father left behind.

"If...I don't come to see you again, know it's because I tried to bring you and father together again."

Taking a step back, he turned around and walked back to Aizawa's car, which the said man stood leaned on, arms crossed over his chest. "You don't need more time?"

Arashi shook his head.

"Your visits are getting...shorter."

Opening the car door, he sat inside. "There's no need for it."

Aizawa looked about ready to argue, but he didn't. Instead he sat at the driver's seat and the engine roared to life soon after.

The ride back home was spent in silence, one not as heavy as the previous ones.

_

Hero basic training.

They were split into groups, meant to race amongst themselves. It was just his luck to be placed in the same group as none other than Bakugou himself. It didn't matter, really. It's not like Bakugou would interact with him after what happened. After what Arashi...did, said.

And he wouldn't interact with Bakugou either.

That was for the best.
.
.
.
Just how desperate did he become? His eyes kept following Bakugou. He kept looking at him, staring at him, and each time he had to tear his gaze away.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

It would've been easier for the both of them if he never looked away from Yo.

_

Exams rolled around the corner, passing faster than they came. Scoring himself tenth place, he was particularly...displeased with his results. He could've done better. Alas, there was nothing he could do about it now.
.
.
.
The practical exam, on the other hand, wasn't something he was worried about.

An information leak from Class B confirmed they would be fighting the robots from the entrance exam. If it truly was that, then he'd have no trouble. For him, robots were easy to deal with.

Asking Aizawa for further information bore no fruit. The man neither confirmed nor debunked his words, which annoyed him to no end.

It seemed like he'd have to rely on the rumour they received.
.
.
.
But when he caught sight of Saito Ena on the school grounds one day, he knew it had something to do with the practical exam.

_

When the practical exam started, Arashi saw Saito again, standing next to Aizawa.

_

Next thing he knew, he was standing in the middle of a street, meant to face against Saito Ena.

But once he saw the flapping blue wings, he turned around and ran.
.
.
.
Yet the blue caught up eventually.