13

Jaemin stirred the food on the stove and let his frown drop deeper.

His throat hurt so fricken bad, the soreness officially settling in, the bruises burning with every small movement he made.

Jaemin felt his nerves get all light, an uncomfortable sensation in his veins as he thought about the text he got last night, no doubt from Yeeun.

Not my baby Lele.

Jaemin gripped his spatula harder and pushed it deeper into the pan.

Jaemin was a self depreciating and a self sacrificial type of person. He would put anyone above himself and he would always put his friends happiness first.

Jisung was his baby but Jeno had the nerve to claim Jisung as his child too and that was that. Jisung was someone who Jaemin instantly coo'd at because of how naturally cute he was.

Chenle was his baby, Jeno and him settled an agreement to split how they spoiled the two baby's and Jaemin would spoil Chenle and Jeno would spoil Jisung...well...Jaemin spoiled them both.

But Chenle was the sweetest little bean that there was. He has the cutest laugh and a cute smile. He constantly knew how to make Jaemin feel better when he's upset and he gives Jaemin lots of cheek kisses. Jaemin was grateful to Chenle in so many different ways but mostly the fact that Chenle wouldn't single him out.

Now...Donghyuck...

Jaemin sighed and shut the stove off, stirring it one last time before placing the lid on it.

He heard a door open and he assumed it was Jeno coming out of the bathroom. 

He heard footsteps near the counter behind him and he let out an uneasy breath.

"Im sorry for staying so long Jen," Jaemin ran a hand through his hair and looked down towards the pan on the stove. "I just...I wasn't ready to go home yet. I'm scared of what hyuck will say, y'know...he's probably already mad at me for not coming home and texting him."

"You bet he is."

Jaemin's eyes widened and his shoulders stiffened.

That was NOT Jeno.

Jaemin whipped around and there was Donghyuck standing behind the kitchen island, his hands placed on the counter with a straight face. There was a brown paper bag placed next to him that wasn't there before.

"Channie..." Jaemin's fidgeted in his place.

Most people would be confused on why he is so nervous, they were roommates after all.

Jaemin and Donghyuck became roommates only after being the only one's left without one, an automatic last resort.

Jaemin loves Donghyuck. He thinks the older boy is literal sunshine. That he can make anyone's day a bit brighter just by smiling at them. He watches and sees all of the people who have heart eyes when Donghyuck walks in the room. Donghyuck is simply gorgeous, he envies the way the tan boy looks. He adores Donghyuck's sarcastic and excitable energy even why it gets on his nerves.

He wishes he could be just like Donghyuck...adored, loved, respected...beautiful...but life's not fair.

So he is stuck with who he is.

Na Jaemin.

He is nervous because he doesn't want to let Donghyuck down. To make the sunshine boy get frustrated or dimmed because at the end of the day, he is the only one Jaemin has all the time. He knows Donghyuck would drop whatever he's doing to come help Jaemin out but Jaemin's brain can't comprehend why.