18

Jaemin felt like his whole life just smashed into thousands of pieces.

Donghyuck had been admitted to the hospital. The doctor saying he had a concussion, the boys body was littered with more cuts and bruises than Jaemin could count. Pieces of glass had been lodged into some of the cuts.

Jaemin held sunflowers in his hand as he opened the door silently.

When he found Donghyuck, he held onto him for hours, sobbing out as he waited for the ambulance.

Jaemin let his breath hitch when he looked into the hospital room.

Guilt crawled up his throat harshly as he looked at the scene in front of him.

Mark was sitting next to Donghyuck on the bed, one hand holding his and the other stroking the unconscious boys bruised cheek. Mark was pressing light kisses to his knuckles.

"I love you beautiful," Mark whispered to him, pressing another kiss to his hand. "You should wake up soon so I can tell you that."

There was a moment of silence before Mark leaned up towards Donghyucks face.

"I'll kill whoever hurt you," Mark pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, letting his lips linger there as he closed his eyes and spoke. "Please be ok."

Mark seemed to finally notice a presence when a loud gasp came from behind Jaemin.

"Donghyuck hyung," Chenle's voice whispered, he scooted around Jaemin so he could hold Jaemins other hand.

Jisung came around him too, kneeling down next to the bed.

Jaemin's hands shook, the grip on the flowers becoming very wobbly.

"Jaemin?" Mark looked up with a head tilt.

Jaemin tried to swallow the lump in his throat but it kept rising his throat.

Jaemin felt like he might start convulsing.

It was all his fault.

Donghyuck was in the hospital because of him.

He didn't want Donghyuck to be mad when he woke up. He didnt want him to be sad.

He shakes as he wonders if Mark will yell at him. Pick him up by the collar and chuck him across the room. Do double to damage to him that was currently done to Donghyuck.

It was his fault that the love of Marks life was in a hospital bed.

Jaemin would let Mark punch him a 100 times if that would fix it.

He would take thousands of beatings if it meant that Donghyuck would be awake and smiling right now.

He would do anything for forgiveness.

But he knows he doesn't deserve it.

"Jaemin? Aren't you gonna come in?" Mark asked in a soft tone, no type of resentment in his eyes. "Im sure hyuck would like to see you when he wakes up."

Mark even flashed him a small smile.

Jaemins teary eyes flash to Donghyucks beaten face.

"...n-no..." Jaemin shakily whispered out, his shakey fingers dropping the flowers onto the floor.

His body turned to run out the door but he ran into a sturdy chest.

"Jaem?"

No.

Jaemin peered up as his tears flowed down and there was a blurry version of Jeno Lee staring at him.

He was about to pull was when he saw Jeno's eyes flicker to Donghyuck. Jeno's hand curled around his wrist before trying to catch Jaemins eyes.