𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗘 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰

》Đ.₩.《

》Đ.₩.《

It was a long couple of days when the assassin had to rewire her life, create a new one. Yes she had been undercover for missions, but now she didn't have anyone to report back to, neither an objective.

Yes they would come looking for her, but that wasn't her priority. Her priority was to get somewhere away from Batman, away from Gotham itself because he would be watching.

He always was. Probably is right now, but she's still hidden by the shadows of the night.

Most people can't even see her figure because their too drunk, too distracted, or just have places to be and no time to notice. But she notices them.

She studies them as they walk by, waiting for the right moment to get up and try to walk for the first time.

She decides to call it her 'Rebirth', since she apparently died amd came back to life. No, not apparently, literally. And that's that, end of story.

"Hey there lil' lady... whatcha doin' out here sooo late?" A slurred voice comes from behind her as she walks down the now empty sidewalk.

She doesn't even stop; she doesn't hear them. She's so focused that she blocks out everything else, as usual. Her senses just pick up the sounds around her that could be threats.

That man is most definitely not one of them. His footsteps are though, as they start to beat faster and faster against the pavement.

Her eyes slide to her left as she looks in the reflection of the building in front of her. She sees the man just a few feet behind her. 

Not yet.. not yet.. now.

As soon as her body tells her to, she leans to her right, sticks her left foot out and, just as the man starts to trip, she grabs his arm and torso.

Hips back.. lean forward.. hands down hard.

And just as soon as the man was up, he was down. Flat on his back staring up at her in shock and disbelief. She leaves him there almost immediately, already done with the situation.

He groans and mutters curses, but she once again doesn't hear them. So, she keeps on walking.

She knows Gotham vaguely well, as she's just following her instincts. Whatever her body tells her to do, she does. She still has common sense, but doesn't use it much in this type of situation.

This is pure gut. And she does get far, farther than she thought she would get. Well, without pitstops along the way.

She stops at a homeless shelter for food, then pickpockets some money from people she passes on the street, and heads to a store for some.. normal clothes.