ORPHIC // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Eight

《 Đ.₩. 》

《 Đ.₩. 》

Arella wasn't that angry at all, not after Larke's hands were dripping red. She said she never liked that mirror anyways.

And she saw how pale Larke looked from when she left the dinner table for food, compared to now. Before, she looked natural and normal, yet now she looked paler, maybe even a little green.

Sick and tired, is what Arella ruled it out as after patching up Larke's hands. Larke agreed, but only with the tired part.

Larke didn't get sick. At least she'd never gotten sick since joining the League.

And now, here she was, laying down on a bed in an extra room, taking a nap. It was the oddest experience for Larke to actually take a nap, because she didn't get those when she was in the League's, ever.

Actually, she never even knew what 'naps' were until Arella told her to do so, alongside Gar.

Larke trusted Rachel and her mother to handle things while she slept. Little did she know, her nap would turn into a deep sleep. One that she needed.

But of course, that was interrupted by a sudden revolt from her chest that forced her to awaken, where it was dark outside.

She realized she was coughing, and for the first time in her life, she felt sick.

Funny, how Arella said she was sick, and now she is.

But she can't think that way, not now, as she makes her way to the bathroom, her bones feeling achy and weak from her respiratory system not wanting to respond correctly.

Or that's the quick explanation Larke came up with as she coughed, a red substance coming out of her mouth as she did.

She knew it was blood by the taste -- the coppery, chilled sense of it -- by heart.

Larke knew something was wrong, she didn't know what. She was trying to find a logical reason for what was happening to her, but it was cut short.

She feels the cold, smooth bathroom tiles just mere seconds later, unconscious.

Arella found Gar first, then heard Larke from the other room. Waking up Rachel after carrying Larke to Gar's bathroom, they both rushed to get over there.

And then everything became a messy and bloody whirlwind of mass confusion, destruction, chaos.

Soon the officer who talked to Arella - or Angela, as most knew her - was dead in the kitchen, Larke and Gar were convulsing more blood out of their noses and mouths, Rachel trying to save them but instead realized she was killing them, and Arella finally telling her that the only way to save them was to call on Rachel's father.

"He would do it, for you," Arella's voice is filled with faux concern for the child, but Rachel doesn't catch it.

"I don't understand," Rachel whimpers, a mix of tears and makeup staining her cheeks.

"He's always been close to you, always looking out for you, always with you! We have to hurry." Rachel doesn't give a second thought as she and her mother carry Larke and Gar downstairs, to the living room.

All she cares about is saving her friends now, and so that's why she's willing to do anything to save them. Even begins the end of the world starting with her father, although she doesn't know it.

"You have to open your mind Rachel," Larke and Gar have stopped convulsing blood now, "think about your father. Think about how badly you want to see him."

"But I thought that he was- ?" a hint of suspicion starts to wander into Rachel's mind, but her mother will not put up with it.

"This is the only way to save your friends," Arella's eyebrows raise in concern as she whispers, "you have to concentrate."

And Rachel follows her mother's orders, putting one hand to Gar and Larke's dripping-with-sweat foreheads.

"You can do it..."

She moves one hand to Gar's heart, her other hand still on Larke's forehead. She closes her eyes, focusing on her father, his presence, and how badly she wants to save her friends.

"Yes, Rachel, your doing it, keep going, keep going sweety..." Arella coos.

Rachel thinks harder, too hard, and -- !!

"You did it Rachel, bring him home," Arella sees her daughter straighten up, hands by her sides, eyes now a goey black substance. The mirror behind starts to crack, swirling into the same dark and goey substance in Rachel's eyes.

"Yes, Rachel, bring him to me."

Rachel stands, steadily walking towards the inter-dimensional mirror, her intentions to bring her father home, to save her friends.

She reaches up and into the abyss for her father, suddenly screaming at how intense the situation has become, pain and power wise. But she keeps pulling, raching for him, as Arella stands, watching in glory, waiting for her husband.

And then, moments later, the man of the hour appears, Rachel returning to her normal color, instead of the ghostly white she was before, her eyes back to the baby blue color as well.

"My child," the father says, looking to his shock stricken daughter.

"My love," his eyes turn to Arella, or Angela, what some mortals call her.

"All of this was for you, you'll see," she explains softly, amazed at the sight of him in front of her again.

"Your faith has never failed me lover," he whispers after a gentle kiss between them. Rachel scurries back to her friends, sitting down.

"My friend's are dying, can't you save them?" Rachel's voice is urgent, and her father, Trigon, knows this.

"There's nothing I wouldn't give you." He kneels down, putting a hand above Gar. He takes a moment, hovering it over his body, taking in what's special about the boy. "So unusual. Boy. Or. Beast."

His hand stops above the boys hands, "you will have a lifetime to decide."

Gar shoots up, gasping for air, with Trigon moving around to work on the girl next to him. He uses the same hand movements, feeling something special in her too.

"Odd -- she's rare. Harbringer of death, or harbringer of life."

His hands stop, hovering over hers.

"You will have a lifetime to decide."

Larke shoots up, gasping for air.

Trigon stands up, stepping away from the pair and his daughter, who stands too.

Larke breaths in short gasps for a moment, her body, mind, and spirit reconnecting with her. She swallows, blinking, suddenly hyper-aware of how she feels.

What her brain, body, and gut are all screaming at her, as Rachel thanks her father, embracing him.

"It's good to finally be home." He mutters, letting go and stepping over to Arella. She holds his side, as he takes her arm, then looking to his right.

He knows that Dick Grayson just ran through the barrier, while Koriand'r and Donna Troy were blocked out.

"Is it time to eat the world?" Arella mumbles, looking to Rachel, Gar, and Larke, who now sit on the paino bench nearby.

Trigon sighs, "not until her heart breaks."

He feels it again, looking back to his right.

"They're coming."

DANGER DANGER DANGER.