Walking Up The Hill, What You Don't Know Will Kill

Percy's P.O.V

If there's one good thing about going on this stupid quest it's that we get to leave this stupid camp along with it's stupid campers. Speaking of stupid campers, they're late. 3o minutes late actually. I told them that we'd leave at dawn, and it's now half past dawn.

They better have a good excuse for their tardiness, I think

"Sorry we're late." Leo's cheerful voice says from behind me.

Me, Luke, and Bianca turn around so that we're Leo, Jason, Piper, and some other boy that's standing next to them.

They extra boy has black hair the color of coal and eyes the color of the sky. And, even though he looks like someone that's in the 16s, his aura tells us that he's in his 13s or 14s, maximum. All in all he didn't really look like anything especial, but looks can be deceiving I guess.

"This is Hunter." Jason says, obviously noticing how our attention was directed towards him. "He's a son Apollo and we thought you guys should meet him. He's-"

"Why is he here?" Luke interrupts in a blunt voice.

"He's going to help us on this quest." Jason says. "And by helping I mean he's going to be waiting here for us to come back with Aurora so he can help us convince her that she should help us defeat Gaea and Kronos." He adds quickly.

"Isn't that what Piper should be doing? You know since she's the one with charmspeak." Bianca asks.

"No, we need someone closer to her age group to help us with this." Jason says bluntly before adjusting the backpack that's hanging on his shoulder.

"Fine." I interfere. "He can help us I guess. But we should get going."

"Yeah." Luke agrees, "You guys already made us late."

"Alright." Jason says, "You can go back to you cabin now hunter." He says after turning to the son of Apollo.

"Okay." They young boy says, speaking up for the first time since he got here. "Good luck on your quest." He gives us all a smile that girls his age would consider charming before jogging back to the Apollo cabin.

As his body disappears into the cabin I realize why the three campers choose him.

"You think his charm will help him convince us?" I ask them, my voice laced with shock.

How much dumber could they possibly get? I ask myself.

"Yeah. She's twelve right? Right. And twelve year olds aren't strong minded, so if we can get Hunter to talk to her then BOOM we'll have another powerful daughter of Hades on our side." Leo says, his voice holding pure enthusiasm.

"She's also one of the most powerful living beings out there and could do gods know what to your little friend Hunter." Bianca says as if she's talking to a bunch of 5 year olds.

Might as well, I scoff mentally.

"Just because she's powerful doesn't mean that she doesn't want a friend." Piper says.

"You're right." I agree, "But it doesn't mean that she wants any friends.

"Percy." Luke speaks up from beside me, "Let's just leave it. We have to get out of here as soon as possible is we wan't to get to Aurora before the final battle."

Only now did I realize how much time we wasted arguing over wether Hunter cold help us or not. We don't even know if Aurora will come back to this cursed cam with us, much less if we'll actually find her.

"You're right, let's get going." I agree before marching out of the camp border and, for the first time since I left, back into the human world.

--------------------------------------------------

"Are we there yet?" Leo asks for about the fiftieth time since we left camp 5 hours ago.

"No we're not." I reply for about the fiftieth time since we left camp 5 hours ago.

"Are we-" I interrupt Leo by roughly slashing my sword into another vine, allowing us to have passage trough that set of trees.

"Leo, just give it a break for now." Piper's voice says softly, obviously not wanting us to hear her.

"Yeah, Leo, just give it a break." Bianca says, making her voice slightly higher so she's mocking Piper instead of mimicking her.

Childish.

"Did you just mock me?" Piper asks.

"Yeah, you got a problem with it?" I hear the footsteps behind me stop and I know that if Piper doesn't keep her mouth shut Bianca will beat the Hades out of her.

"Enough." I call over my shoulder. "We're suppose to be finding Aurora, not getting on each other's nerves. So if you'll be so kind as to stop bickering like five year olds than that would be greatly appreciated." My voice rises slightly in the end and I notice how both their faces change into apologetic looks instead of the angry they initially held.

"Sorry" They moth mutter.

I quickly turn and continue slashing vines. My footsteps speeding u slightly to make up for the time that we lost arguing.

"I think we could all use a break." Luke says from beside me, "We're obviously exhausted and the path only goes uphill from now on."

Moments later we were all sitting on a log with sandwiches on our hands as stared at each other quietly. Out of the corners of my eyes I saw a pair of beady red eyes watching us, I couldn't make out what beast it was, and I didn't didn't have time to as Piper choose that exact moment to speak up.

"So," Says Piper, breaking our peaceful silence. "What were the instructions that Lady Harmony gave you guys?"

"Go uphill until you see the cave at the end of a cliff." I reply.

"Nothing else?" Jason asks.

"Don't kill each other." Bianca says simply.

"Gods." Leo says under his breath, "What did you guys say to that?"

"Would only dream of it." Luke says.

A low chuckle escapes my mouth as I remember how mortified Lady Harmony looked. She obviously didn't understand our joke.

"How much longer do you guys think it's gonna take until we get there?" Piper asks curiously.

"Two- three days. It depends." I say absentmindedly.

"Depends on what?"

"How many obstacles Aurora is willing to throw our way."

"Have you guys ever thought about what she's like?" Jason asks suddenly.

"Not really. But I think she's tougher than all of us put together." I reply.

"Why?" Piper asks.

"Because if we thought our lives were tough, imagine how her's was."