Walking Down The Hill, Wish You Knew What I Do

Percy's P.O.V

The tension from Leo's and Aurora's previous falling out was still in the air as we walked down the hill. Aurora was leading the way, her back carrying a backpack that seemed quite small, but from the amount of clothes that we saw her put in there it was obvious that it was able carry a decent amount of clothes. Her dog was walking beside her, it's footsteps making less noise than expected, it was almost as if the creature was trained to be quiet. Like the young girl taught it that if it made any noise at all it was possible that it would scare off her prey.

The thought sent a shiver down my spine.

Did Aurora train her dog to be ready for an attack at all time? I wonder.

From the way that it made close to no sound while it was walking, and it's body was always ready to attack. I came to a conclusion that she did, indeed, train the beast to expect anything and everything to be a threat. I wonder if she thought the same thing.

It's none of you business, Percy. I mentally scowl myself. She's going to help us and that's all that matter for now.

"We can take a break if you want." Aurora says without turning around, "You've been in these woods for a while now, I assume you didn't get much sleep."

"That would be great." I answer for all us, not bothering to check with the rest before speaking because I know that they will agree with me.

"I know a clearing just a few miles away. You guys should be able to hold up until then."

"We can." Luke assures her.

"Good." And with that the twelve year old speeds up her pace slightly, leaving us no options except to try and match her pace so we don't get lost.

Normally I wouldn't have any problems retracing my steeps, so going back to the camp would've been easy for me if it weren't for the fact that Aurora insisted that we took a different path, claiming that it was much faster than the way we came.

We walked for a while before Aurora stopped, her dog following her lead. She looked over her shoulder before speaking to us, unlike the first time.

"There's going to be a couple of holes from here on." She announced, "Be careful as you walk." She opened her mouth to say something else before getting interrupted.

"We've fought against numerous beasts." Leo snaps back, "I'm pretty sure that we can handle a few holes."

"Is that so?" Aurora questions him, raising one of her eyebrows slightly so she was giving Leo a questioning look, "In that case maybe it would be best if you lead the way."

She moves to the side slightly so that Leo has enough space to move past her.

"Okay." Leo agrees cockily, taking up Aurora's offer and going in front of us all.

Aurora's dog growled slightly when Leo moved by it, which cause Leo to jump and Aurora to chuckle quietly.

"We're all dead." Luke whispers to me once we start walking again.

"No, just Leo." A young voice replies softly from beside me.

I turn my head to the side that wasn't occupied by Luke, and sure enough Aurora was standing there. How she got there without me noticing I will never know.

"How come?" Luke asks quietly, not breaking the quiet atmosphere that had formed round us.

"The holes normally serve as homes to various types of creatures in most forest's but, as I'm sure you've noticed, this forest doesn't have any creatures." Aurora answers.