Prologue

Percy's P.O.V

She finally agreed to tell us something. Piper has been insisting on keeping everything and anything a secret from us, but now she's finally agreed to tell us. I'm not exactly sure what she's going to tell us, but she's going to tell us something and that's all that matters.

"So?" I ask anxiously, looking at the girl that has been living in mine and the army's basement for the last three weeks.

"Grover did it." She tells me before turning away and going back to looking at her dagger.

If I said I wasn't disappointed I would be lying. She pretty much just told me something that plainly obvious since the first time that we confronted them about Zoe's sleeping state.

Frustration starts to boil in me; we're not getting anywhere. The whole point of borrowing Piper was to find out how to cure Zoe.

And before you ask, yes I said borrow. I mean it's not like we wanted to lock her up in our basement, we tried to collaborate with us but she just wasn't helping. At first we even offered to let her stay upstairs with us, but quickly changed our minds when she started screaming at the top of her lungs for help. After that happened we felt like we only had two options; either send her to the void or place her in the basement. I'm starting to really regret our decision now.

"Okay, but how do we fix this?" I ask, trying my hardest to pry as much knowledge that I can get out of the daughter of love.

"We had a deal. Information for information." She says not even bothering to look up from her dagger as she spoke.

A sigh of defeat escapes my mouth.

A deal is a deal, I think to myself.

"She's fine."

And with that I make my way back up to solid ground, where I'm greeted by the sight of my sleeping girlfriend and my friends.

"So..." Bianca says trailing off for me to finish her sentence.

"Nothing." I say shaking my head in disappointment before going over to my girlfriend and taking her limp, cold, hand into my own. " Absolutely nothing."

Hey! I'm back. And sorry that this was short, not a great way to start a story I know, BUT this chapter was just to set the tone and explain a little bit of where this is going. I'll be updating soon.