The Girl Who Knows Too Much

Percy's P.O.V

Branches cracked underneath our feet as we climber our way trough the forest. The moon and our three flashlights were the only thing lighting our path, occasionally one of us would slip or trip on one of the sticks or rocks but the rest wouldn't take notice as we were too focus on keeping our own balance.

"We should stop to sleep." I call out to rest, not bothering to look over my shoulder as I talked, "We can stop in the next clearing."

I could hear them vaguely agree with me, probably too tired to come up with a proper response.

I continued to slash any greens away with my sword, the forest becoming, somewhat, silent again. A few moments later we, finally, reached a clearing.

"We'll rest here for the rest of the night." I say.

It takes us a couple of minutes to get settled, Leo and Piper having problems getting their sleeping bags out of their backpacks. Leo makes us a fire, after an earful from Luke on how that would attract too much attention. Our sleeping bags were arranged in a circle around the fire, seeing as that was the only way we could all get equal amounts of heat.

"Me and Percy can stay awake for the third of the night." Luke volunteers.

Gee thanks for the head up, Luke. I MMed him (N/A For those who forgot MM means Mind Message)

Do you really want them to take first shift? He asks.

That shut me up.

"You sure?" Jason asks.

"Positive." I reply without a second of hesitation.

Mine and Luke's shift goes by quickly, or as quickly as it can go when you're on a constant look out for any threats. And, soon enough, we were waking Bianca and Piper up.

"And you're sure you don't want me to stay up with you guys?" He asks Bianca for the third time.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now go get some sleep." She demands playfully, but I knew she was serious.

"Just listen to her." I tell him, turning around in my sleeping bag so I was no longer facing the bundle of trees that lay in the dark that was once in front of me but the the two lovers and a sleepy Piper.

"Fine. Just yell if you see anything out of the extraordinary."

I turned around one last time in my sleeping bag, except this time instead of meeting the, now familiar, group of trees and darkness, I was met by the same pair of red eyes that I saw when we took our first break. Normally this would have made my senses go on high alert, but the concern for my sleeping girlfriend mixed with the tiredness from the hike up was enough to knock me out without a second thought.

__________________________________

Black, that was all there was to see. The walls were black, the ceiling was black, and so was the floor. This room almost made it seem like it was filled with darkness. Almost.

It was like someone purposely made it so it would play mind tricks on you. So that instead of seeing blacks walls you saw pure darkness. It was interesting, really, how I could put my hand in front of my face and be able to see it perfectly instead of seeing nothing. That's the-

"Amazing isn't it?" A voice said behind me. It sounded so pure and innocent, like what an angel would sound like. But there was also a certain edge to that voice, something that made it sound strong without breaking the innocence.

I turn around, and the sight that I was met with was something quite unusual.

The owner of the voice was a girl, she had long brown hair that ended just above her waist. She was definitely 13 years old, not younger not older. All her facial features were very sharp, and that was the only thing old of the ordinary.

That is until you reach her eyes.

They were something different. Full of light and color. It was looking into the universe.

Then, out of nowhere, a dog appeared. Well, at least that's what I think the creature next to her was supposed to be. It's body had skin that stuck to his every bone, making his ribs stick out, and something told me that it would stay that way no matter how much food it was given. Its head, tail, legs, and ears were like any other normal dog's and he, by the looks of it, was once a german shepherd. His eyes were a beady red color.

"It's not polite to ignore one's question." She says wisely.

"Excuse me?" I ask, my mind still in a daze from everything that's going on.

"Never mind." The younger girl replies. "So you and your friends are the ones looking for me, huh." Something told me she already knew the answer.

"Are you Aurora?"

"Good luck."

And as the room begins to melt away I take one final look into her most distinct characteristic.

Her eyes.

Her eyes held so much color, yet so much darkness. And, in that moment, I knew she was something no one would ever want to be. She was the girl who knew too much.

___________________________

I woke up with someone shaking my shoulder. Looking up I realized that it was Luke.

"We need to break camp and get going if we want to find Aurora within the next day." He said.

"Let's go then." And with that we packed everything back up, but not before eating something, and got back back on our quest to find Aurora.

To find the girl who knows too much.