Chapter 8

Heyo everyone, Prime here for the next chapter of this story. Enjoy. PS: I don't own anything beside OC

Location ORC

Everyone was in the clubroom getting ready for the game.

Joe: *looks at his watch* Well, this is it for me. I wish you the best of luck, but I gotta go.

Issei: You're leaving us alone in this?

Joe: Sorry, but I got a contract. I'll be back before the game's over.

Akeno: Promise?

Joe: Yeah, besides you're all gonna be great. See you in a bit.

I teleported out of the room and arrived at the destination of the poker game. As I tried to enter the room Maximillian exited it.

Maximillian: You're late.

Joe: Sorry, had stuff to take care of, devil business and all.

Maximillian:*sigh* I guess I can't fault you for that. Anyway, your opponents are already waiting.

I nodded and entered the room and was met with four unfamiliar faces, 3 players and the dealer.

Dealer: It seems our last guest finally decided to grace us with his presence.

Joe: Apologies gentlemen. Shall we get this game started?

Lean man: About damn time.

I sat on the empty spot, the dealer handed me my chips and we got started. I took the time to analyse my opponents.

The first two weren't anything special both middle aged men, judging by the smell of tobacco they're probably heavy smokers. Both of them looked cocky.

The third one however was different. He looked pretty young, probably in his early twenties, he had short black hair, green eyes and was pretty lean. The most disturbing thing about him however wasn't his confidence, the smirk that never left his face or the way that he kept observing me, but his divine aura.

Joe: I've never felt such an aura in my entire life...what is he?

Noticing that everyone was staring at me I decided to introduce myself.

Joe: The name's Joe, let's have a fun game.

One of the older guys replied first.

Guy 1: Nice meeting you kid, I'm Greg *points at other old guy* this is Sam and
*points at lean guy* this i-

He was cut off by the lean man.

Lean man: I'm Marcus. Let's have a good game Joe.

He released a bit of his aura making the room heat up, before giving me a knowing smirk.

Dealer: Gentlemen this is but a friendly game. Please refrain from aggressive behavior.

Sam, Greg: Sure.

Marcus: Whatever you say.

Joe: Understood.

Timeskip. Why? Because I can't make this scene interesting

It's been a while since the game started Greg and Sam were already out so they left. Sitting here I eventually lost track of time. Marcus and I have traded chips back and forth, neither of us wanting to lose, but he seemed a little too carefree for my liking.

Joe: You're not taking me seriously is that right?

He just gave me an amused smirk.

Marcus: Of course I am, but I wanna know what dear old Maximillian is gonna give you for winning. 10%, 50%, maybe a bullet to the head who knows?