Chapter 5

Hello everyone and welcome to the next chapter of this story. Enjoy. PS: I don't own anything beside the Oc

Location ORC 1 and a half weeks after the church fight Joe POV

After that night things got quieter. Raynare and I renovated the abandoned house, which was surprisingly big so we decided to make it our base. Issei started working out with Rias, Asia moved into the house Issei and our parents live in, that same day I moved out of that house and into the renovated one telling Issei's parents that it was an inheritance from my birth parents.
But the most interesting thing that happened was that Akeno and Raynare were constantly fighting for my attention. The latter was currently sitting in my lap while the former watched in jealousy.

All of a sudden Issei and Asia got up.

Issei: Well we're gonna go hand out flyers, see you in a bit

Rias: Now hold on just a second. I think you'll be happy to hear that your flyer days are over.

Joe: So, you're finally taking them to get their familiars?

Issei: Wha?

Rias: That's right, you see handing out flyers is usually the work of a familiar.

She then summoned a small purple bat.

Joe: It smells familiar, but I don't remember where from

Rias: This is my familiar. I think you've met before.

All of a sudden it clicked

Joe: Wait.

The bat turned into the girl that gave Issei the flyer.

Issei: Hot flyer girl is your familiar?*stares*

BONK BONK

Issei: *whines*Why?!

Joe/Koneko: Perv.

Akeno: Mine are super cute.

She then summoned a group of five multicolored imps. All of them trying to grapple up my clothes.

Issei: Whoa, are those imps?!

Joe: Indeed they are, but are they always acting like this?

Akeno: No, they only do that when they feel safe. They must've sensed your aura and decided you are like a protector for them.

Koneko:*summons cat* This is Shiro.

Joe:*gives bellyrubs* She's so cute.

Issei: Hey bro! What's your familiar? Can you show me?

Rias: Come to think of it, what is your familiar?

Joe: Well, I'd show you, but I don't know if she's awake.

Rias: What does it matter if she's awake or not? She's the familiar you're the master.

Joe: Well....you're not wrong.

I proceeded to summon my familiar and was met with shocked expressions. In a flash of fire a small bird with fiery red feathers laid in my arms.

Akeno: Is that what I think it is?

Raynare: I've never seen one before.

Joe: Yes, what you're looking at is indeed a phoenix chick. When I made my pact with her she was close to death and just days later she rose from her own ashes.

Rias: Now I see why you didn't want to disturb her sleep, she is cute when sleeping.

Joe: Heh, that's just part of the reason. You see a phoenix ages extremely slow, which is why they live so long. They grow up in stages.
Stage one is when they hatch or revive its called hatchling stage which lasts around a year.
Stage two is called child stage, which she is at right now. It lasts around four and a half to five years.
Stage three is called the adolescent stage which lasts about ten years.
Stage four is called adult stage which lasts over one hundred thousand years.
Stage five is the last stage in a phoenix life which lasts another year, then they die and the cycle restarts.
The reason why I dont wanna disturb her sleep is because she's currently gathering energy to go into a deep slumber for a few days where she undergoes metamorphosis to emerge as an adolescent phoenix.*looks at the sleepy phoenix in his arms* I hope I didn't disturb you too much Raika, go back to sleep.