Chapter 17

Joe POV

Azazel: Our perpetual three way stalemate is getting rather old and it's hardly doing this world any favors. I assume everyone agrees on that.

Michael: God and the devil kings are gone, both of our sides leaders are gone.

Azazel: We have a complication. Once again it's not even our three powers, but these forces are equally if not more destructive. Those are the red and white dragon emperors, as well as Heracles, and the son of Zeus and Tiamat, Joe. I want to hear their thoughts.

Vali: I want to fight someone as strong as me.

Azazel: Yes, but you can still find powerful opponents without starting a war.

Vali: I suppose.

Azazel: Heracles?

Heracles: What I want is to prove my superiority over the wannabe son of my father and that dragon bitch. Whether that be in times of war or peace matters not to me.

I let out an audible growl.

Heracles: Struck a nerve?

Azazel: Red dragon emperor, your thoughts?

Issei: Wow....uh...you really put me on the spot here...

Azazel: Let me put it this way. If a war breaks out, there's no way for you to grow your harem.

Issei looked down and for once he actually said something that made me realize how much he appreciates me.

Issei: Now that I think about it.....war would mean that I'd have to get stronger and at some point I'd be stronger then my brother.....Whether I want to or not, I'd be taking people away from him that he cares a lot about. So I choose peace instead, women can come and go, but I only have one brother!

Asia: Issei....

Joe: Good answer.

Azazel: Yes, but we're still waiting on yours, son of Tiamat.

Joe: Peace. I have goals to achieve that wouldn't be possible during times of war, such as getting answers from my parents.

Michael then looked at Issei.

Michael: Red dragon emperor, you had a question for me correct?

Issei: Yeah, although I wasn't sure if you remembered.

Michael: Of course I did. What's your question, child?

Issei: You weren't fair to Asia. I want to know why you kicked her out of the church. She loves god more than anyone.

Rias: Issei, that's enough.

Michael: After God was destroyed, only the system remained. The only thing we had to keep the faith, was our ability to grant divine protection, mercy and miracles. Even with me as the center, the church is barely functioning right now. Consequently, there was a need to remove anything that could negatively affect our system.

Issei: So you had to.

Joe: Asia can heal devils and fallen angels on top of humans.....she was a threat to your very existence.

Michael: Indeed, the faith of believers is what allows those of us in heaven to exist. A threat to the system is a threat to our survival.

Xenovia: Of course, that's why I suffered Asia's fate too. Along with others who found out the truth.

Michael: Exactly, it was unfair. You were hardly heretics. We should have found another way. I ask your forgiveness.

Irina: So she didn't betray us?