Ch. 16 - Noble: accepting affection (6)

"Friends? Why would they need friends? Isn't the Palace eventful enough? But if they insist... Maybe I'll allow it."

Athanasia worriedly looks around the greenhouse

Athanasia worriedly looks around the greenhouse. She was concerned and anxious at the possibility of being caught.

"Don't worry, they can't see us," Lucas tries to reassure the girl. "Who is that girl anyway? Do the two of you have a sister?" He interrogates.

As Athanasia peeks over Lucas' shoulder, catching sight of the brunette. The Princess couldn't help but gasp at Jennette's cuteness.

'UWAAAAH!'

'What's up with Jennette?! She's super pretty! Super cute!' Athanasia gushes over the brunette girl who observed the flowers

The bonnet insinuated her rosy cheeks while the curled brown locks fell over her yellow dress. The flowers merely enhanced her already Angelic appearance.

"That's odd," Lucas mutters, "Her mana waves are not that of a pure Imperial bloodline no matter how I look at it. Something is mixed in."

Athanasia stares at him, questioning, "Mixed how?"

"Did the two of you know about this girl?" Lucas wonders, suspicious.

"What, huh? What?" Athanasia becomes defensive after his words.

"She's got your eyes but you don't seem surprised," Lucas states, directing to the brunette.

Athanasia felt sweat drip down her back, becoming cautious at his statement. "Erm~~." She didn't know how to answer.

The scene changes to the young Jennette, jeweled blue eyes shining brightly. "Really? Then you don't need to go," she starts, "I'll tell them for you. Uncle and Auntie would understand if they heard it from me."

"Jennette," Ijekiel tries to call her.

"You can just tell them that you don't want to leave here either, right," Jennette adds.

Lucas scrutinizes them. "And that's why you shouldn't lie to kids," he comments.

Back to Jennette and Ijekiel, the boy stared at her with kind but firm golden eyes. "I have to go, even if you say that."