Ch. 22 - Witch with an Angel (2)

"Oh dear me~, what is the Prince and Heir of a Duchy doing in this awful village? Looking to help little ol' me? I'm flattered... But frankly, such lies disgust me."

"There she is again

"There she is again..."

'Yeah, so what?'

"How arrogant can she be? Just waltzing around like she owns the place."

'I do, brat. Why not stop sucking up to the Mayor's son then I'll stop being the best and only virgin here.'

"How promiscuous of her."

'Oh, wow. The kid learned some fancy words. And here I thought her vocabulary would remain childish and immature forever.'

"Is her skirt shorter than usual? Is she trying to reduce the visitors already?!"

'No. It's because it's freaking summer already. Plus, I can see that you all have nonexistent boobs yet the poor shirts you own have a space for it. Pitiful.'

Those whispers went through Quitterie's left ear and flew out her right, unable to voice her sarcastic comebacks. She clicks her tongue, sending one annoyed scowl to the girls.

The girls scurry off after her frightful stare, continuing to gossip between themselves. Watching how they finally left her alone, Quitterie lets out a sigh. She sits down on the grass, leaning against a tree.

Her green eyes shut close, listening to how birds chirp. The rustling of leaves enters her ears, feeling how the sunlight shone in between the cracks of trees and leaves.

"Finally, some alone time. Those 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔶 girls should eventually learn how to stop talking behind about the person ten steps away from them." Quitterie sighs, an exasperated expression on her countenance. "I would have slapped them if it wasn't for how that stupid father threatened me. I mean, it's not my fault they got a black eye after trying to fight me."

Quitterie scoffs. "And yet they call me the witch~."

Momentary stillness entered the air. Small harmless bugs crawled around the spot Quitterie rested on, a lone figure stiffly watching her.

"You know," Quitterie calls out, opening her green eyes, "It's rather improper for a guy to stalk a girl."

Ijekiel flinches at the distance, an awkward and dry laugh leaving his mouth. "Forgive me..." He trails off, "I was, uh, lo–"

"Lost?" Quitterie finishes his words, minor ridicule evident in her expression. "Ah, geez. You could at the very least make up an actual lie. Don't think I didn't see you getting shown around by that 𝔟𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥𝔶 Cloe."

Ijekiel winces a bit, pulling his hood off. "What a vulgar mouth," he comments.

Quitterie sends him a glare. "Oh, shut your trap." Her voice dripped with venom. "It's really a wonder why a Nobleman is here with the freaking Crown Prince," she grumbles, her words making Ijekiel's heart drop.