Ch. 4 - Rubellites (4)

"I will always be loyal to my Lady, no matter what. So when the twins were born, I had accepted my fate. But who would have thought destiny would be so persistent."

"Vivi~," a younger Arius groans out in discomfort, a damp towel on his feverish forehead

"Vivi~," a younger Arius groans out in discomfort, a damp towel on his feverish forehead. "I don't like this..." He mumbles weakly, eyes slowly shutting for rest.

Vivienne was frantic, deep concern and fear in her heart. This only worsened when she perceives the heat radiating off the child she was taking care of.

'What should I do?' Vivienne thinks in a hurry, biting her nails out of habit.

I have always thought it would have better for Arius to grow up in the Palace.

Vivienne whispers a song at Arius' request, the sickly child beaming despite how the fever threatens his life. Vivienne, in return, smiles sadly with regret in her sky blue eyes.

If you were raised in the Palace, you wouldn't have to worry about your health.

"Vivi, can I get that stuffed toy?" Arius asks with sparkling eyes while his finger was pointed at the luxurious teddy bear displayed on one of the windows.

Vivienne flinched, knowing how much the toys in the shops cost. They were just supposed to go shop for ingredients, but with how young Arius was, it was understandable how he was easily distracted.

"I'm sorry Arius, maybe next time," Vivienne responds with hesitance, deep guilt in her soul when Arius looks sullen.

But the boy sprang up to a smile once again.

"It's alright! As long as Vivi cooks better than ever, then I'm happy!"

This brought, even if it was small, a smile to Vivienne's pale visage.

You could be able to buy whatever you want with no restrictions.

Honestly, I question why I even took you. If I didn't, you wouldn't be separated from your sister. You would most definitely be taken care of as the only heir– you would have lived a happy life.

Athanasia giggles while Arius continues trying to win against her in chess, a cheeky grin on his face after beholding his sister's laugh. She wipes a stray tear, joyful at their moment spent together.

Arius appears chatting away with the officials' children in his adolescence. His hair was carefully trimmed while he adorned the rarest of clothes. Arius was respected and admired—a Prince everyone would dream of.

But it was all because of my arrogance, wasn't it?

A thirteen-year-old Vivienne stared down at Lilian who was two years younger than her. The young Lilian gawks at her, resulting in Vivienne's eyes widening at how the girl looked at her with warmth.