Ch. 12 - Noble: dornröschen: (2)

"Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly. Lavender's green. When I am king, dilly, dilly. You shall be queen: Who told me so, dilly, dilly. Who told me so? 'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly that told me so."

Eclair wanders around the garden again

Eclair wanders around the garden again. Her father was having a private talk with the Emperor. She could guess it was about the Princess with how gravely pale her father looked the last time he visited.

"What a day," Eclair says out loud after a sigh. With her hands empty, unlike the times she would bring baskets of flowers, she realized how Athanasia occupied most of her time.

The wind was warm. Eclair was honestly surprised she was allowed to visit. But with how Felix specifically directed her here, there's probably a catch.

And just like that, she finally realizes why she was here.

The cries seem muffled, but she could discern it just a few bushes away. Eclair's interest perks up at this, slowly making her way.

The sobs were getting louder. Some bushes rustle with ladybugs flying out, her hands swatting some butterflies nearing away.

Her golden eyes caught something. Pass one hedge with blooming roses, a child was curled up. The familiar locks of golden hair and the size...

"Arius?" Eclair calls out, eyes widening when Arius responds by jolting back. His jeweled pink eyes were red and filled with tears, his face was flushed as well.

'He's crying...' Eclair observes how obviously on guard Arius was. Despite in tears, his face still showed his ferocious distaste towards her.

"Why are you here?" Arius implores in a threatening tone, eyes fixated in a glare. The Princess calms himself down, sitting down with one knee propped up. "If you're lost, just call Felix," He adds, avoiding her gaze.

Eclair remains unresponsive. Her silence pricked Arius' nerves, the boy slowly growing nervous.

Suddenly, Eclair spoke, "Are you alright?" Her voice was firm, stare not wavering as she watches him.

A flurry of emotions flew through Arius. An even brighter red tainted his cheeks, sparks of mana lighting around him. "What does that mean?!" He exclaims with apprehension.

Yet Eclair didn't falter.

"I asked for your well-being," she responds, going down to sit on her knees across a prickly Arius. "You can talk to me if you want, I won't force you," she spoke steadily.

"No! I don't need it!" Arius answers with tiny hesitation, eyes scanning Eclair's questionable words. The Eclair he was used to was prideful and indifferent—this one was someone he didn't know.

Eclair merely stays patient. She waits for Arius to simmer down. She understands he was currently like a stray cat suddenly taken home. How? Eclair acts like that sometimes; it's an embarrassing thought, really.