Ch. 38 - Thoughtless Thistle (3)

"I, like usual, am questioning my sanity once more."

"Haa~

"Haa~..." Ijekiel sighed, hands on his forehead while trying to calm himself down. His stress levels were to the roof.

Lucas tapped a finger on the couch, grinning beside Arius. "How much did that toy even cost for you to act like this, Whitey?" He asks, tone provoking.

Ijekiel grumbles curses, scowling at Lucas through his fingers. "It wasn't just expensive, it's a rare glass chess set!" He exclaims while banging on the table, "So don't you dare call it a toy, Lucas!"

Golden eyes then dart to the nonchalant Prince. "And you!" Ijekiel points at a bored Arius. "What was that for?!" He screams with all his heart, "That costs me about a hundred gold coins!"

Lucas had to stifle his chuckle. "Geez, to see Whitey lose his cool is a sight for pretty eyes," he teases, earning a glare in return. Regardless, he was ignored.

Arius yawned, irking Ijekiel even more. Half-lidded jeweled pink eyes focus on the future Duke. Not before long, Arius stuck his tongue out.

"Just because~."

Ijekiel wanted to shove a shoe to Arius' face but thought otherwise

Ijekiel wanted to shove a shoe to Arius' face but thought otherwise. Instead, he resorts to abusing his poor handkerchief. He grits his teeth in infuriation.

"Why am I friends with you two again?!" Ijekiel cries out, pounding his fist on the table. The items on the furniture shook at the force, the tea inside the teacups rippling.

Lucas merely whistles, pushing a flower vase back to the center. "Calm down, Whitey," he began, Ijekiel denouncing him under his breath. "Shouldn't you, like, keep an image?" He wonders.

Ijekiel remained unresponsive, simply scowling at Lucas with tears pricking his eyes. "Why should I bother when two idiots keep getting on my nerves?!"

Arius was flabbergasted, snapping out of his dazed state. "How dare you call me an idiot!" The Prince speaks, appearing offended. He stood on the couch with his clothed feet, directing a finger at Ijekiel.