🦀 2 🦀

🦀 Chapter 2: Rath 🦀

Namjoon strolled down the streets of Seoul towards Hoseok's shop

Namjoon strolled down the streets of Seoul towards Hoseok's shop. Usually he'd ride his bike, but he wanted to take some time to appreciate the city.

Ah, yes. His beloved Seoul.

He had lived in Seoul for years now, practically memorizing every crack in the sidewalk. Seoul was slowly becoming mundane to him as time passed by. While he still loved the city, the man had always wondered what it'd be like to venture elsewhere. Maybe someday he could leave behind the city life and fulfill his dreams.

His stream of thoughts was cut short when he stopped in front of Hoseok's shop. He took in the store's appearance, which remained unchanged from the last time he saw it. Actually, it had always looked this way. When Hoseok's grandfather retired, he passed down his shop to his grandson. Hoseok hadn't bothered to renovate the shop at all. When Namjoon suggested some changes, the cheerful man simply said that "the shop is perfect as it is."

Namjoon took a deep breathe before entering the small store, causing the bell attached to ring. Hoseok's back was facing the door, but he turned at the sound of the aged bell. As soon as he saw his old friend Hoseok's face broke into a big smile. Namjoon nervously reciprocated the action.

Hoseok won't be smiling when he finds out why I'm here... Namjoon thought as he tried to keep the panic from showing on his face.

"Well, well, well... who do we have here? You finally decided to stop by after so long!" Hoseok leaned over the counter and playfully smacked Namjoon in the head.

Namjoon cleared his throat, "You could say that, I guess..."

Hoseok raised a brow at Namjoon's sheepish tone. He immediately knew that his friend was hiding something. He sighed before offering Namjoon a reassuring smile, "What'd you do this time?"

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Pinky promise!" Hoseok stuck out his pinky, urging Namjoon to link his own finger as well. After returning the action, Namjoon slowly put his plastic bag on the counter. He attempted to open the bag, but ultimately couldn't muster up enough courage.

"I think you should be the one to open it..." Namjoon trailed off, awkwardly looking down at the floor. He passed the bag to Hoseok and bit his lip in anxiety.

"Come on, Namjoon! It can't be that bad-"

Namjoon giggled nervously at Hoseok's blank expression. The normally cheerful man looked up from the plastic bag and stared his friend dead in the eye. The friend in question saw something shift in Hoseok's demeanor.

Namjoon scratched his kneck nervously, "I kinda threw it against the wall-"

"YOU WHAT?!" Hoseok yelled, officially unleashing his hidden demon.

"I got startled and then it kinda just... happened."

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAD TO THROW IT AGAINST THE WALL."

Before Namjoon could respond, Hoseok took him by the shoulders with a deathly grip.

"IT'S SO SIMPLE! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS HIT THE BUTTON AND IT'LL STOP-"

Namjoon blocked out the rest of Hoseok's lecture. It's not like he hadn't heard any of this before...

Before Hoseok could burst his friend's eardrums, the old bell chimed. Someone had walked into the shop.

"Uh... am I interrupting something?"

~~~🦀~~~

A/N:
Not Hoseok causing a whole-ass scene in the thrift shop ✋😩

P.S. I never want to look at that GIF again after I spent 20 minutes trying to get it under 3MB- 😭

-Belle