🦀 11 🦀

🦀 Chapter 11: Explanations 🦀

"Wait, wait, wait... what the heck are you?" Hoseok asked with a quiet voice, eye twitching. Everyone could tell he was trying very hard to keep his composure. But, as they all stood around the campfire like lost children, there wasn't much they could do to reassure him. The friends were all equally puzzled.

"Well, I am a crab-"

"You sure don't look like one," Yoongi said through gritted teeth.

"-but technically I am also human."

"Interesting." Namjoon rubbed his chin in consideration. "Are you some sort of genetically modified organism?"

Jungkook grew confused, "I'm... not sure I understand."

Seokjin lightly gasped, drawing the attention away from Jungkook. "Wait... are you a hybrid?"

"NO. Don't say that word when I'm in the premises!" Yoongi shouted in disgust, "You gave me flashbacks to Hoseok's cringey fanfiction days." The man puts his hands over his eyes, just missing the sight of his brother doubling over in offense.

"It's not my fault that you have no taste," Hoseok lectured. The two had had this conversation many times before. Hoseok stood by his stance that fanfiction was just misunderstood, even as an adult.

Yoongi sighed and roughly patted him on the back, "Whatever you say, Hoseok."

The crab, Jungkook, just stood there in bewilderment. He clearly wasn't overly familiar with earth terms.

"What is 'fanfiction'?"

"You don't need to know that," Namjoon swiftly answered Jungkook with a wide, panicked smile. "You were saying...?"

"Everything, including my ability to shift, is linked back to the gods."

For a moment, foreboding silence draped over the men. Yoongi observed Namjoon, whose mouth hung open. The elder man couldnt help but internally face palm at Namjoon's eagerness to absorb information. None the less, from some random crab that they'd met 15 minutes ago. Yoongi took it upon himself to scope out this "Jungkook" character. Especially since he seemed to believe he could just waltz in and they'd believe anything he said.

"The gods, huh?" Yoongi skeptically raised a brow.

"Yes, the gods that used their divine power to grant us life and purpose." The crab was so sure of himself that Yoongi almost second guessed his suspicion. His guard remained up, though.

"Speak english, please. What's with all the big words?" Yoongi crinkled his nose, feeling justified in being too lazy to decode 'fancy talk'.

"And how exactly does this connect to the gods?" Seokjin added, sending Yoongi a warning look. The man looked down at his feet in embarrassment. He never liked being scolded by his older friend.