🦀 9 🦀

🦀 Chapter 9: Young Forever 🦀

Now that Namjoon was all freshened up, he felt ready to face the harshness of the world (a

Now that Namjoon was all freshened up, he felt ready to face the harshness of the world (a.k.a. Yoongi). He hurried down the stairs and over to the back door of the beach house.

Outside, the 3 boys sat in fold out chairs on the cool sand. They surrounded a blazing campfire, trying to absorb its warmth. Their joy filled faces were illuminated by the fire's soft glow. Jin had even brought out his guitar, which he strung gently as the two brothers roasted marshmallows and chatted. Everything seemed peaceful for once.

Namjoon smiled at the sight before joining them, sitting in an empty chair. As soon as he did so, Yoongi looked at him with a mocking glint in his eyes. "How's your face?" he asked, snickering at the younger boy. Confusion washed over Namjoon's features as he tried to comprehend the question. His puzzled expression soon scrunched into a scowl when he recalled the 1,246 times he fell on his face that day.

"It's fine... no thanks to you though," Namjoon replied coldly. He was getting riled up at the mere thought of Yoongi dragging him out of the car this morning.

"Hey! We're all friends here, right? All of us should let go of our grudges and live in the moment!" Hoseok suggested with a playful smile. He roughly patted Yoongi on the back, causing him to choke on his marshmallow and send his brother a harsh glare.

Namjoon crossed his arms and tauntingly narrowed his eyes. "Says the person who left me like a coward earlier! I still don't get why you ran and left me to get laughed at..."

"I have my priorities," Hoseok shortly explained.

"Oh, really? Like what?"

"Like seeing you embarrass yourself," Hoseok said cooly, a teasing glint in his eyes. Of course, he'd never actually wish bad things upon his friend, but he enjoyed riling him up.

Before Namjoon could respond, Jin interrupted by handing him a marshmallow on a stick. "Hoseok is right. We should all enjoy ourselves instead of being petty the entire time," the oldest said, giving Yoongi a pointed look. Eventually, his expression softens on his three friends (much to Yoongi's relief). "We may have come here for Namjoon's sake, but I think we all needed this time away from the city. Let's enjoy it while it lasts, okay?"

After mumbling a few small "okays" and nodding their heads in submission, silence envelops them. Though, the silence wasn't awkward, it was comfortable. After all, the four of them had known each other for quite some time. Namjoon and Hoseok met as children, while Yoongi got close to them a little later along with Seokjin.

Soon, Jin began strumming his guitar again. A familiar tune graced the boy's ears as Jin hummed along to the melody. Eventually they all sang along with lighthearted smiles on their faces.

"Forever we are young
Under the flower petals raining down
I run, so lost in this maze
Forever we are young
Even when I fall and hurt myself
I endlessly run toward my dream"

~~~~🦀~~~~

A/N:
This chapter was a little shorter than usual, I know. But I wanted to make a nice little chapter before shit goes down 🤠
Be ready for the next update, because the story kicks into high gear from here on out. TXT and maknae line haven't shown up yet... but they will soon, I promise!

"Young Forever (unplugged version)" is so amazing so I wanted to share it here. Not enough people talk about it 😭 Also, can we talk about Jin playing the guitar?!?! Like, damn...

I also wanted to say....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOON!! 💜🎊🎉
I won't say anything here because I already left a big fat B-day message on the new chapter of my oneshot book, "Stay". Maybe check the book out? 👀

I'll stop with the self promo now... I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

-Belle 🔔