Chapter 29 - The Definition of Facetious

"I'm a very positive person. My grandmother taught me that happiness is both a skill and a decision, and you are responsible for the outcome." - Helen McCrory

"I heard you were giving speeches off the back of a wagon, Pol

"I heard you were giving speeches off the back of a wagon, Pol."

"I can't remember a fuckin thing." Polly sighed, the wet cloth over her eyes eased some of pain from the raging headache she received when she woke this morning.

'Well, Moss tells me you were threatening to burn down the town hall."

"Oh, Tommy, we were having a laugh. You know actually, the crowd around me was bigger than the crowd around Jessie Eden." Polly said with a smile on her face.

"Who's Jessie Eden?" Tommy asked.

"Our sister in arms!" Lillian shouted mockingly, causing Polly to wince from the noise. "Sorry, Polly."

"No worries, I'd rather hear you're voice right now even if it is loud." Polly replied.

"Who's Jessie Eden?" He asked again.

"She's too soft. You're not gonna break the capitalist system talking about separate lavatories for women." Polly explained and Lilian laughed.

"Who's Jessie Eden?"

"Uh-oh your lordship doesn't know someone for once." Rose laughed, taking a sip of tea.

Tommy rolled his eyes. "When the fuck did you get here?"

"Last night of course, had to see the girl rise from the dead with my own eyes."

"So you weren't told as well? Join the club." Tommy said as he looked at Lillian.

"I'll tell you next time, promise." Lillian smiled. Rose gave her the finger.

"Just tell me who Jessie Eden is."

"A new best friend." Lizzie piped up.

"Shop steward at the Lucas factory." Esme continued.

"A woman shop steward, I've heard of her." He replied.

"There is a leaflet here if you want to take a look, Tommy." Lizzie handed him the paper and he barely glanced at it before looking back at the women in the room.

"So, separate lavatory? Is that it? Is that what you want?" He asked cynically, Esme crossed her arms, waddling over to him. "I don't know what you want. You have to tell me what it is that you want and then I'll know."

"Actually, we want to know about the robbery you're planning. Not the factory robbery. The other one. The one your not telling the women about."

"Well I know about it." Lillian interrupted with a smile on her face before seeing Esme's face. "Right. Not the issue. Continue."