Chapter 15 - God, Show Some Restraint

Please do not interrupt me while I'm ignoring you - unknown

2 years later, Small Heath, The Garrison

"Go to the funeral Harry, I'll catch up I'm just having a drink and then I'll go alright." Lillian said with a swig of her drink.

"Its nearly seven in the morning for Christ sake." Harry rolled his eyes as he wiped down the bar.

"Its happy hour somewhere in the world." She replied, and he scoffed.

"Alright, alright. Have at it. I'll see you there making it as uncomfortable for Tommy yet again." He said, and she laughed.

"It's been two years and he still reacts the same, tries to make eyes at me then gets frustrated and walks away."

"Doesn't that get boring?"

"Nope."

"Well alright then, I'll see ya." He said with a wave of his hand before leaving the Garrison. It was silent as Lillian walked around the bar to the furthest end of the bar and leaning on it. Holding a glass up into the air.

"Well Freddy Thorne you did your best. Had a good life. I hope you're not in hell." She said and raised her glass. "Good enough." She praised just as she put the glass to her mouth an explosion went off at the entrance, blowing her back against a pole before falling to the floor. Her vision was impaired as she coughed from the smoke and groaned. "Fuck that hurt like a bitch." Before she passed out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It happened at exactly 7am. Nobody saw anything. Our patrols were not in the area. Mr. Shelby, have you got any idea who might've done it?" The Police man said to the Tommy and Polly as the arrived at the scene.

"I'd say it was something to do with the gas. It's just been fitted." Tommy said, giving him money who took with ease. Polly went near the entrance, walking in once she knew it was safe.

"Madam, the structures not yet declared safe. Madam!" The officer shouted after her, but she didn't listen, picking evidence off the ground and going back to Tommy.

"This is all over the place. Confetti." She said, and Tommy didn't reply before turning to the officer.

"You can go."

"Right." The officer left quickly after leaving the two to stare at the pub.

"Who? Who did this to us?" Polly asked Tommy but before he could answer the two heard a loud groan and a cough.

"Ouch ouch ouch ouch." Lillian muttered repeatedly as she came to the entrance. "Me fucking back, ugh it fucking hurts."

"Oh Christ. Lillian are you alright." Polly rushed out worriedly at seeing the state she was in. Lillian looked up from the floor seeing the Polly and Thomas before smiling as if nothings happened and she isn't in immense pain.