Chapter 5 - Touch Me And I'll Brake Your Face

No matter what people think of you, always keep singing your own song. - Unknown

Lillian was cleaning the Garrison when she saw him, Tommy Shelby

Lillian was cleaning the Garrison when she saw him, Tommy Shelby. He was on the horse that he had got from the Lee family yesterday when it got spooked by the noises. She watched with a gentle smile as he calmed the horse down, rubbing its nose as he spoke to it. She couldn't hear what he said but whatever he said worked as he grabbed the reins and walked along side it instead and Lillian decided it was a good idea to chuck the bucket of dirty water out the other entrance just in front of him. Thomas staggered back a little, not wanting to get hit as his gazed turned to Lillian who now held a sarcastic smile to him. She just stared at him.

"Lillian." He said in an unimpressed tone and Lillian crossed her arms not speaking. "Still not speaking to me then." She didn't respond, she didn't move. "You're acting like a child you know that, ay?"

"Fine...I fucking apologize, you happy?" he said, and Lillian shrugged.

"I'm ecstatic." She said, sarcasm dripping from her voice and Thomas sighed in frustration not knowing that she was just toying with him. "Have you got a name for him then?"

"He doesn't have a name." he told her.

"Poor boy deserves a name." She said, and Thomas observed her, realizing that isn't what she wanted to talk to him for.

"You have something to say to me."

"The other night you came into the pub when I was singing. You said singing wasn't allowed. Which is bullshit because I think it would be good for everyone if we could sing, Saturday nights at least. Harry was too scared to tell you and I don't know what the fuck Grace is doing." She explained to him.

"But not me." He said with a small smirk.

"I've stared into the eyes of the devil, you are nothing in comparison." She said honestly. "But I love to sing."

"You sound like one of those rich girls from Scotland who come, for the races." He said, and Lillian glared slightly at him in offensive. She was not like that, she worked for her money. "Do you like horses? Fancy earning some extra money?"

"Doing what?" She asked hesitantly.

"Dig out a nice dress. I want to take you to the races." He said to her before trotting off, leaving Lillian to watch him off with a slight redness to her cheeks as she quickly went back inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lillian was watching a movie in the pictures, eating popcorn, when the doors burst open, revealing an angry looking Thomas Shelby as he stormed down the isles of the room before sitting next to a women a couple seats in front of her.