Chapter 11 - They don't hate you Tommy, they just dislike you

"Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk." - Tony Stark

"There's tea if you want it

"There's tea if you want it." Lillian sated as she looked up from the book to see Tommy staring at her, his hands in his pockets as he slowly made his way towards her. He looked down at her work.

"The new system. Everything in the diary, eh?" he said, and she nodded.

"Mm-hmm." He moved to get a pen out his jacket, bending over Lillian as he drew a small black star on the 3rd of December. Lillian furrowed her brows in confusion, looking back up at Tommy as he backed away.

"Black star day is the day we take out Billy Kimber and his men." Lillian's mouth opened in shock at the news. "No one knows this."

"Not even your family?" She asked in shock, she knew things were bad right now, but she didn't expect Tommy to keep something as much as this away from them. He scoffed moving towards the door to much in his thoughts to hear the floor creak some footsteps around the door. Lillian's head squinted wondering who was outside the door, but it was forgotten when Tommy opened the door.

"Lillian, everyone in my family hates me. Why would I tell them?" he asked with sarcasm and Lillian quickly got up, running over and grabbing his arm as she pulled him back into the room and closed the door.

"They don't hate you Tommy, they just seriously dislike you right now." She said with a little smile, trying to brighten the mood but it didn't work. "And Arthur believes that someone in the street snitched about Freddie and I know it wasn't you, alright. "

"And the rest of them?" he asked, and Lillian looked down, the rest believed that he did it. "What's the point when the rest don't believe it."

"Well I believe it." She said softly, taking his cheek into his hand and he sighed, looking into her eyes before opening the door, he grabbed her hand pulling her with him as he left the bar, Lillian locking gazes with Grace who watched the two and then the room where they just were, and Lillian squinted her eyes in suspicion before she looked forward again, letting Tommy pull her along back to the house.

When the pair walked into the house, Lillian noticed that it was very tense, she saw John, Finn and Arthur looking at the head of the table and she followed their gaze until she came upon an older looking fellow with similarities to the boys. She felt Tommy tense beside her as the man stood up.

"How are you, son?" The man said, and Lillian's eyes widened in shock as she turned her head to Tommy who hadn't moved his gaze from his father.

"Get out." Tommy replied with a shake of his head.

"Come on, Son." He said, opening his arms. "I'm a changed man."

"This family needed you ten years ago, and you walked out on us. Not now. Get out of this house." Tommy ordered.