Chapter 10: Sunshine

The next day---

Canada was tracking down the phone number while America went to China's house to ask him some more questions. Earlier, he found Taiwan's eyeball in his coffee mug this morning which was scary and weird so he was still shaken up because of that.

A cream colored medium sized dog on a chain leash in China's yard was whining and barking and tugging on the leash with its tail between it's legs. America noticed that he dog wasn't growling or acting aggressive, it was just whining and barking as if it wanted something.

He cautiously approached the dog and saw that it had and blue collar with a yellow tag in the shape of a sun. America knelt down to the dogs height, "Hey there bud." He smiled a bit then took off his sunglasses to get a better look at the dog.

The dog's ears were perky and not floppy like a golden retriever's are, he had a thin muzzle, short fur, and his tail was wagging happily when America approached him.

The most noticeable feature of the dog was his eyes. He had hetrochromia, his left eye was yellow and his right eye was light blue. America smiled a bit then patted the dogs head then took a look at the yellow sun shaped tag.

On the tag the dog's name was written there, it said, Sunshine.

The dog whined and started to chew on the chain leash then look at America as if expecting him to release him from the leash. The detective let out a small chuckle, "Sorry Sunshine, no can do. Your obviously China's dog and he probably has you here for a reason."

"Yes I do."

America jumped at the sound of China's voice, he clearly wasn't expecting him at that moment. He stood up then looked at the other country, "China, you scared me for a moment there!" He chuckled a bit.

China was wearing his black mask as he usually does when he has company and his golden eyes looked directly into America's light blue ones, he let out a soft chuckle, "Sorry. I see you've met my dog."

The dog, Sunshine, whimpered then hid behind America. Obviously, that was odd to the detective. Why was China's dog afraid of him? China is his owner after all...

China shot a small glare at the dog then looked at America and smiled, "He's afraid of water and I recently gave him a bath so he's a little shaken up from that."

"Oh ok.. What breed is he? I never seen this breed of dog before."

"Sunshine is an Askal. Although it's not exactly a recognized breed. He was very hard to get, and very expensive." China hummed softly, "So Detective, why are you here if I may ask?"

"Oh, well I was thinking about the disappearances of The Philippines and-"

The dog started whining even more and howled and barked, his ears pinned down against his head and his tail went in between his legs.

"Sunshine, quiet." China demanded.

Sunshine whimpered and calmed down. China looked at America, "The Philippines used to be Sunshine's owner. He still misses him... Anyways what were you saying?"

America patted the dogs head feeling a bit sorry for him, "Well.. I was thinking about the disappearances of The Philippines and Taiwan and since they both worked for you I was wondering if you happened to know Japan Tokyo. Did she work for you too?"

"Yes, she used to be my brothers' previous babysitter before she quit her job then The Philippines took over that job. I'm actually currently looking for a new babysitter." China said.

America nodded and wrote that down in his notebook as usual. "Did she leave any clues as to where she went? Do you think her disappearance had anything to do with South Korea, Taiwan and The Philippines?"

China hummed in thought, "No she never told me what she was gonna do after she quit, I'm not sure if her disappearing had anything to do with any of them..."

America wrote that down then sighed softly, "Thanks for your time China... I'll see you again probably."

China nodded then looked at the shivering dog, "I'm sure you will..." He looked at America and smiled under his mask, "Goodbye, and good luck with your case."