𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣

The two Germans stood there in disbelief, Marius playing with his hands in his pockets while Dominic's eyes darted around the room, everywhere from the folder.

Harry looked up at the two with a detached glare, if one might want to call it that. Dominic definitely felt so, as he cracked his knuckles while shifting onto his other leg. His breathing quickened, becoming more shallow accompanied by a shiver down his spine.

"So?" Harry bounced his leg under the desk, tapping his foot rhythmically awaiting a response. He noticed the men's body language and realised that they probably knew nothing about it and whatever feud that had been happening was very intricate, more than what he could ever possibly know.

"Dominic was hast du-" (Dominic what did you-) Marius put his hands on his hips, turning to face Dominic but he was standing there, almost idly with his arms crossed.

"Nichts." (Nothing.) He cut him off coldly, Marius could tell there was a hint of anxiousness, perhaps confusement. The two of them had no idea of what could've caused their friend to resign from a job that he had appeared to love so much with people he cared about.

"O-oh."

----------

Elias stepped out of Monika's room, immediately drawing attention to him as various insults were being thrown at him. It was so easy for people to judge from what they've been told but no one ever really bothered asking him from his opinion right?

Well, either way, he was too lost in his thoughts as an attempt to block out the insults that came flooding in from every direction. He apathetically walked up the stairs, seeming unbothered whereas he really was bothered. He knew that it was his fault, and he was doing what he thought was the right thing.

He continued walking up what felt like endless flights of stairs, his legs slowly becoming more and more exhausted from stepping up the same pieces of stone. Once he had finally reached the top floor, he almost tripped over his feet as he had to physically remember that he wasn't walking upstairs anymore.

Looking around, he quietly made his way over to Harry's office, gently knocking on the door as he kept an eye out for other people. No one was really up here on this floor but Harry and the occasional staff, but that was really it.

He made his way in after hearing Harry's recognisable voice through the door, slipping inside the room much like how a snake would slither into a hidden corner. He sat down in the chair and placed the files on Harry's desk, slowly crossing his arms and his legs defensively.

"Oh, well, it's really a shame." Harry sighed as he leafed through the documents in the folders, skimming through them. He licked his finger and continued looking through the folder until he had skimmed over all of the lengthy pages.

"I don't really see an obvious reason here Mr Kötz as to why you would like to resign, may I ask for a further explanation?"

"Well... it's... it's complicated." Elias rubbed the back of his neck, leaning back into the padded chair as he felt sweat trickle down his forehead.

"You fit all of the physical requirements as well as the requirements of previous experience and training, so there's not much of an apparent reason in that field."

"It's not that, really. It's more... I guess social issues."

"Social issues? I believe you said that your ability to get along with various kinds of people was a strong suit a while back." Harry stood up and skimmed the various folders in his bookshelf, picking out Elias's folder and opening up his resumé.

"I-I am aware, just uhm..." He looked away, focusing his eyes on the group photo on Harry's wall. "I do feel responsible - well, I am responsible for a few... troubles here." He sighed as he tried to keep his eyes off his resumé and the folder, swinging his legs much like how a child in kindergarten would.