𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

• Prologue

It wasn't easy for Marius "Jäger" Streicher to grow up with his distant uncle. Sure, he was exposed to a lot of machinery, making him one of the best engineers in Rainbow, but that doesn't mean he has had an easy social life. His Asperger's always it difficult to socialize with other people, so he tended to keep to himself. He didn't have any close friends other than his uncle growing up, leading him to becoming quite the expert with machines but also becoming extremely introverted.

Marius works for the GSG 9, an Anti-Terrorist unit. For him, he didn't think of his work as something so strenuous because he knew his teammates had his back. He sometimes would come back with physical pains or sometimes some mental ones. Nightmares were not something unheard of in their unit. Despite all these challenges however, he was quite the hardworker and was up to anything, channeling all of energy and fascination of mechanics and applying it into his work daily.

Along in his special forces unit were three others, of which he was quite close to. Elias "Blitz" Kötz, Monika "IQ" Weiss and Dominic "Bandit" Brunsmeier. All of them were very friendly people with a good sense of humour and rather outgoing, well apart from Dominic.

Dominic was of course, loud, extroverted and extremely charismatic which got him to his social status in the base, but really he wasn't who he seemed he was. He had a dark past including a history of crime and drugs, but he never brought it up. He was a dark person whilst alone, but he wouldn't show that side of him to anyone. Him working in the GSG 9 was the only motivation he had and it had given him a sense of value and worth.

Dominic and Marius grew quite close, even becoming best friends to the point where they would share their deepest secrets. The two of them made each other happy, but there were days where one or the other's emotions got out of hand. Dominic would resort to all forms of unhealthy coping mechanisms, self harm, drinking or drugs. He did try to stop, but some nights it got the best of him. When he'd harm himself, drink or cry himself to sleep, Marius couldn't help but feel like a failure of a friend. Marius would just sit in a corner and cry all night, he didn't know how else to express his emotions.

The two grew quite fond of each other, finding harmony when they confided in each other. It's funny to think about how someone who you thought would forever remain a stranger could become your best friend. In Marius's opinion, Dominic was on a much higher league than him with his appearance and character. He often wondered why Dominic had chosen him to confide in but he wasn't complaining.

All four of them got along quite well together in situations, but outside of missions it was a different story.

And that story took a turn very fast.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, thanks for reading this prologue. I hope you all don't mind since this is my first actual story on here and I haven't been practicing a lot of writing lately. I came up with this story idea earlier today and just wanted to try and write it out, I hope you all like reading the story!

Ciao! (569)