𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

This chapter has not been proofread, so please don't hesitate to correct me. This is more of a background chapter :)

"Marius."

"Dominic."

Marius stared straight back into Dominic's chocolate brown eyes, feeling slightly intimidated. He was leaning towards him on the opposite end of the table with his fists clenched after all. Marius could feel butterflies in his stomach, similar to the feeling of when you were falling in a free fall. His heart was fluttering as Dominic stared into Marius's soul.

"What do you want from me?" Marius sat up, much like a mischievous child would when a teacher would walk into a classroom. All of the people at Marius's table were cautiously watching Dominic.

"Come outside." He took one arm off the table and pointed towards the door.

"No. If you had the courage to come up here then you surely can tell me here can't you?" Marius grinned and leaned towards Dominic, cocking his head to the side. The tension in the air became apparent as Dominic was slightly flustered. He had never seen Marius like this before.

"Fine. Gör." (Fine, brat.) the last word slipped out of his mouth, hoping that he wouldn't hear. He stood up completely, shifting to the side as he crossed his arms. Dominic didn't really know what he wanted apart from a chance to redeem himself.

"Don't call me that. I did nothing wrong." Marius chuckled as he leaned back in his chair, resembling some type of mafia boss sitting in a chair. Marius knew he was right, and worst of all, he still didn't know why Dominic did what he did. Perhaps he came here to apologize, try to make it up to him or at least explain why.

"Maybe if you were good enough I wouldn't have done anything." Dominic snapped back, clearly frustrated with Marius's act. Marius was taken aback, a little bit hurt. He definitely took a punch to his ego. He could feel tears well up in the corners of his eyes, but luckily he was wearing his glasses. A part of Marius wanted to let go of Dominic but also wanted to know so badly what he had done wrong.

"Oi, Oi that's enough. You better not have come here to squabble, so don't waste our time." Timur stood up and slammed his fist on the table as he pointed to Dominic accusingly. Timur had gone through something similar and didn't want to see one of his comrades experience the same pain he went through.

"Marius."

"Yes, Dominic?"

"I want to settle this one on one. I'm gonna prove to you-" Dominic turned around like the ringmaster of a circus would and said out loud, making sure everyone could hear him; "To everyone, that I am better. I'll redeem myself and open the curtain you've put over everyone's eyes."

"Good luck." Marius chuckled as he glared into Dominic's eyes.

"Good luck to you too." Dominic smirked as he stared back.

And so the competition began.

--------------------

Dominic was starting to come out of his shell, constantly trying to be better. A few people did see where Dominic was coming from and gave him the benefit of the doubt, whilst some people still despised him.

Marius was a little bit worried. He'd built up a perfect façade and didn't need anyone finding out what truly happened at his dorm late at night when he was alone. Marius didn't want to go back to being the loner, the outcast in the back of the room. He was happy being "popular" but being "popular" had it's cons.

The two fought over everything, constantly trying to be better. Whether that meant seeing who could drink the most without being drunk, who would get the highest score on a test or who would shoot the most targets in training. The constant nitpicking was made into a competition.