Chapter 10

After changing, Kate walked to the front gate. She put her hands on her knees and hunched over, panting heavily. She then shook her head and ran outside of the school gates and down the street to her house.

Once she arrived and quickly unlocked the door and ran in. She locked it, as to not get scolded, and ran up to her room.

"Oh, Kate, you're back early," her mother said as she dashed past her. "Jeez, a hug would be appreciated."

Her father, sitting next to her mother, sighed and closed his eyes. His nose then twitched and he stood up quickly. He walked over to Kate's room.

Kate, not knowing her father was about to burst in, yelled into her pillow. She hugged her stuffed cat tightly and sighed.

"Why did it have to be a kiss?" She said as her door flew open. She snapped her gaze to her father who heard her, of course. Her mother soon towed behind.

For a second, he looked at her with a surprised face that soon turned into a serious one.

"Kate," he walked over to her, "why do I smell a dirty mutt?"

Kate gulped and blushed as she remembered how Gomi had brought her closer and tried to deepen the kiss. The evidence was still there it seems.

Her blush didn't go unnoticed by her parents. It made her mother smile while her father growled to himself.

"Kate. Why. Do. I. Smell. A. Dirty. Mutt," he repeated. Of course she couldn't answer. It was bad enough that she was friends with a dog but the fact that she kissed one. She'd be grounded for years.

"Jean," her mother said behind her father. He turned with an annoyed expression. "I think that's enough, it seems she's also had a rough night."

"No no, I want to kn-"

Her mother winked at her and grabbed her father, dragging him out against his wishes. Her door was once again closed. She breathed a sigh of relief.

She laid on her side and closed her eyes. She recalled how she felt standing up on stage. She knew what was going to happen but thought nothing of it at the time. However, seeing how Gomi was looking at her she couldn't handle it. It was the first time in her life that anyone has looked at her like that. But, maybe others have and she just never noticed. Kate grabbed her head and shook it, she wondered why she was thinking about it now. She couldn't stop thinking of unnecessary things.

She then stopped shaking her head and smiled. She laughed as she remembered how Gomi bumped into her head. She knew that must have been nervous to miss at first. It stung a bit but she soon forgot about the pain after the kiss. She remembered when Gomi brought her closer, their bodies almost touching.

Her smile was then replaced with a frown. Even if she was shocked by it, she shouldn't have pushed Gomi. She wondered if she should apologize but didn't dare to call or text. Saying it in person would be impossible.

She brought her hand to her lips and looked off to the side, deep in thought. It didn't feel bad, it was nice, it felt good, were the thoughts floating around in her head.

I wonder what Gomi's doing

Gomi wiped the tears coming from her eyes. She sniffled and shook with each sob.

"Why did I do that?," she cried out, sniffing between words. She buried her face in her hands.

"What do we do?" Mocha whispered to Jay. She raised her shoulders in a shrug in response.

"Always such a cry baby," Jay said shaking her head. She patted Gomi's back and pet her head lightly. It calmed her down a little but didn't stop the tears coming out of her eyes.