you fall asleep on her

The sound of the door closing made Lucy look away from the show that she's spent the day binge-watching. She was happy to see you standing in the doorway, a smile tugging at her lips that she just couldn't fight.

"Hey, babe! How was your day?" She asked and put the remote down to stand up and walk to you.

She watched you kick off your shoes and shrug your jacket off then throw it on the floor before you walked into her open arms.

A shaky sigh fell from your lips and fanned against her neck. Immediately sensing that you were down and exhausted, she began to rub your back as she gave you a quick but comforting squeeze.

"I'm assuming your day wasn't so good, huh?"

You only nodded before pulling away. Right away, your eyes locked with her own and you saw the look of concern they held for you.

"I'm okay." You mumbled and then closed your eyes as she began to caress your cheek.

"Are you sure? If you're not, if there's something upsetting you or something you want to talk about, you know you don't have to put on a brave face and hide it from me. You can talk to me."

"I know." You said and cracked a tiny smile, making her feel a little less worried. "I'm okay, Lucy. I just need you."

"I'm right here." She said before she enveloped you in her arms once more. Her lips brushed along your forehead and lingered sweetly before she pulled back and took your hand to lead you to the sofa.

She sat down and instead of sitting beside her or on your lap, you laid your head on her lap and stretched your legs over the arm of the couch.

"I'm worn out."

I understand, baby." She replied and leaned down to caress your cheek yet again. "You can sleep if you want. I'll be here to hold you and keep you safe and warm the whole time."

You nodded but tried to stay awake. After all, you could use some quality time with your girl. She was watching that show she's been telling you about and it seemed like a great way to spend the hours left in the day; right by her side, cozy and warm with your head on her lap and her arm around you.

But soon, she was playing with your hair and dropping kisses to your head and temple, which caused your eyes to slip shut once more.

"I love you." You whispered softly.

"Love you more." She mumbled in response and started to hum a familiar melody until you drifted off to sleep, leaving her with a flutter in her heart and a smile on her face.