kissing in the rain

The park was quiet and peaceful. It was getting late but you and Lucy wanted to go for a stroll for some fresh air. Your hand was intertwined with hers as you both talked about your day.

You could hear the wind rushing past you but there was no rain on the forecast, so you just figured it was a windy evening. "I'm so happy we had this time together." She smiled over at you. "Me too, we both needed this fresh air tonight."

She slung her arm around your waist. Suddenly, a drop of water landed on your shoulder. You looked up at the sky and felt another land on your forehead. "Is it raining?" You wondered, looking at Lucy to find her frowning.

She felt a drop hit her arm. "I think it is. Should we head back in case it gets bad?"

Before you could answer, the few drops started to escalate. You felt more and more drops hitting your skin, soaking through your shirt. "How far away is the car?" You yelled over the sound of the rain hitting the sidewalk. Lucy pointed behind you. "Maybe five minutes away that way."

You nodded and went to head that direction when she grabbed your hand and spun you back around. "Lucy? What are you doing? It's pouring! Don't you wanna head back to the car?"

"Yeah. But there is one thing I wanna do first."

"What is it?"

She didn't say a word, just pushed her lips against yours for a loving kiss. You couldn't help but smile against her lips and put your arm around her neck to push her closer to you. You could feel your clothes sticking to your skin and Lucy's were doing the same, but neither of you cared in that moment; you were just enjoying the romantic kiss in the rain.

You pulled away, breathless and giddy. "That was incredible."

"I've always wanted to do that. It was better than I even dreamed it could be."

You laughed and went to kiss her again when a crash of thunder was heard around you. "We should get home."

Lucy nodded in agreement and took your hand, rushing to the car with you. Yours was the only one in the parking lot so it was no question of where it was. You sat in the car and she turned the heat on as a cold shiver went over you both.

"Now I'm freezing!"

Lucy laughed and started the car. "Was it worth it though?"

You pecked her cheek lovingly. "Absolutely."