you're nervous about meeting her parents (requested)

"There you are." Lucy smiled as she appeared in the doorway of your bedroom. "I let myself in because I don't think you heard me knocking."

You wordlessly nodded your head, confirming her thoughts before you began to lose yourself in your own thoughts once again.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she walked to you and sat down on the edge of your bed beside you.

She put her hand on your lap, admiring how beautiful you looked in the outfit you had on for tonight.

"You look so beautiful." She said before softly kissing your cheek.

"Thank you." You said before you looked at your lap and began to anxiously bounce your knee.

Lucy didn't have to repeat the question she asked before complimenting you.

She knows what's on your mind.

"You're nervous, aren't you?"

"Yeah." You quickly answered. "I feel like I'm going to throw up."

Lucy chuckled before grabbing your hand in hers.

"I understand. I was nervous about meeting your parents. It's natural to feel this way." She assured. "But they are going to love you."

"I'm just worried I'm going to mess up somehow. I don't want that because I'm crazy about you and I know your parents' opinion of me is important. If I mess up, if they dislike me for any reason, I'll lose you."

"That's not going to happen though, my love. Because I know my parents and I know they're going to be so impressed by you and they're going to adore you."

"You really think so?" You asked as you stared at her with a nervous smile as she squeezed your hand.

"No. I know so." She smiled. "You're amazing and I've never felt so happy in all of my life. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and my parents are going to be so happy just to see me as happy as I am now. You're the reason why. They love me and have only ever wanted the best for me. That's you, darling."

Your worries started to fade away and you let out a shaky sigh before squeezing her hand a couple of times.

"Are you still nervous?"

"A little but not nearly as much as I was before. I'll be okay. I'm ready to meet your parents."

"Good!" She grinned before cupping your cheeks in her hands and kissing your lips quickly but sweetly. "Let's go."

You got up and headed out the door, hand in hand and ready for the evening ahead of you.