you're tired

The sound of loud chatter and laughter started to fade away as you laid your head on Lucy's lap.

You're out with her friends tonight and, at first, it was fun, but you had work earlier and now you've been here for a couple of hours, and you're tired.

You wanna go home, but your girlfriend is having fun catching up with your friends and you don't wanna rush or bother her.

So you put your head on her lap and stretched your legs out on the booth. Lucy looked down at you and ran her fingers through your hair. She saw that your eyes were closed at first, but you opened them when she started to stroke your hair.

"Honey? Are you tired?" You nodded and closed your eyes again. They felt too heavy to keep open any longer. "We can go home if wanna. If you're too tired." You shook your head and felt Lucy's lips brush across your forehead. "No. I want you to be able to spend time with your friends. I'll be okay."

Lucy sighed but kissed your nose lightly and quickly became swept up in conversation with her friends.

You closed your eyes again and started to fall asleep. Lucy's fingers started to brush across your stomach and you let out a happy sigh, feeling content in her lap as everything faded out and you fell asleep.

Lucy looked down a few minutes later and smiled at the sight of your lips slightly parted and your chest steadily moving up and down. She leaned down and kissed your cheek, brushing her thumb softly along your cheekbones. "I love you so much y/n." She whispered and returned to the conversation with her friends.

But it was only a few minutes later when she decided it was time to call it a night. Her friends moved out of the booth so you could get out. "Y/n?" She rubbed your back softly and watched your eyes flutter open. "C'mon, honey. I'm gonna get you home." She said softly as she helped you out of the booth.

You barely made it to the car without falling asleep on her shoulder. Once she got you inside she went around to the driver's side and got in. She started the car and looked over at you to find your head back on the seat and your eyes already closed.

She stroked your cheek and you peeked your eyes open. "Go back to sleep, y/n. It's okay." She kissed your cheek and pulled out of the parking lot as you fell back asleep, too tired to stay awake even another second.

"I love you more than you could ever know." She muttered and grabbed your hand to kiss it softly before focusing back on the road and driving home so you could sleep comfortably in bed, as you deserved.