take a break

You rubbed your temples as the migraine became a little more intense than before. Of course, you staring at your computer screen wasn't helping any, but you had no choice. You've pushed off your work project for as long as you could because you absolutely dreaded it, but you can't push it off any longer. 

You jumped when Lucy's hands rubbed your shoulder blades. "You okay?" You sighed heavily and rubbed your temples again. "Not really. I have a bad migraine but I gotta finish this work project. Silly me for thinking pushing it off for so long was a good idea." Lucy moved her hands from your shoulder blades and down to the small of your back before they moved back up to your shoulder once more.

"You're tense." You sighed, your head spinning as she rubbed your tense muscles. "It's because i'm so stressed." Lucy nodded, watching as you typed out a few sentences on your laptop. "Maybe you should take a break. It might help your migraine. You know it's only gonna get worse if you keep pushing yourself, sweetheart." You nodded and groaned. You know she's right but you really gotta get this done, but at the same time your migraine was getting worse and you could really use a break.

"Tell you what. How about you close that laptop for a little while and take a small break. If your migraine is still bad or gets worse, which we both know it probably will, i'll help you with this. You can tell me what to type and i'll type it for you so you don't have to look at the screen." 

You turned back and put your hands on her hips. "You'd do that for me?" Lucy smiled and ran her thumb along your cheekbone. "Are you kidding? Y/n i'd do anything for you. You're my girl, I love you." You grinned at her and moved one of your hands to the back of her neck to push her lips on yours. "I love you too. Thank you." She smiled and took your hand in hers to lead you upstairs.

Your migraine did get worse and you ended up taking a nap. Your migraine was still there when you woke up so Lucy kept her promise and typed out every word that you told her to. It made you fall even more in love with her, knowing she was willing to help you out like that. You're just so lucky.