Coming Closer - Part II

Neel was worried. His suspicion that something was wrong had been proved correct. And who was Sebastian? Every time he had gone to Manjari's office to talk to her, he was there. He could see the interest in his eyes for Manjari and this had put him on an edge. He had tried to find out Manjari's feeling for this Sebestian but she had brushed him off and then locked herself in her bedroom. Locked herself...she had been doing that a lot lately which worried him. Even when they were not 'friends', she had never bothered to lock her room. But now she did. Why?

Manjari reached home, tired and kicked off her heels. It had been a long day She had a presentation for which she had worn her black dress with heels. She was exhausted and her feet were also killing her. She sat down on the couch, removed her scrunchie and leaned back. Suddenly she felt strong hands massaging her scalp. PURE BLISS.The hands continued to draw circles in her scalp and then began to knead her shoulders and back. She knew it was Neel. She should stop him, thought Manjari. But she was enjoying the free massage way too much. He stopped massaging her scalp and came to sit on the couch next to her. He pulled her legs on to his lap and began to massage her toes earning a blissful sigh from Manjari.

"Mmmm....that feels so good", she breathed, as his hand gently kneaded the balls of her left foot. Don't stop, please.

"I won't ", he assured her, his voice betraying no sign of the desire stirring inside him.Pushing back his needs and a thousand and one questions he wanted to ask her, Neel concentrated on the task at hand, the feel of her silky skin beneath his hands and the little moans of delight she uttered, a pure haven to his senses. He looked at her, eyes closed, face relaxed as she revelled in his ministrations. He was inwardly clapping himself on his back when he felt her stiffen and knew that the moment was lost.

Manjari cursed herself for her moment of weakness. She sat up straight, withdrawing her legs from Him. She slipped her feet again in her heels and grabbing her bags, made her way to her bedroom. Manjari was about to enter her bedroom when Neel grabbed her by her hand and pulled her to him. His other hand rested on her waist and both her hands were on his shoulder.

"Who is Sebastian?" he asked.

"A research scholar. Why do you ask?"

"What is he to you?"

"How does it matter to you? and let me go!"

"No. First, answer my questions. Are you dating him?"

"No, and what is with these twenty questions?"

"Good. Now tell me what is the matter? Why have you been avoiding me?"

Manjari opened her mouth to say "nothing" when he stopped her in her tracks by saying, "and do not for a moment think of saying 'nothing'. I know you better than that. Something has happened. You have been avoiding me and spending too much time with Sebastian. You even lock your bedroom door these days, something you have never done before. . What is the matter?"

Manjari could feel his gaze burning into her. She tried to free herself from his grasp but he only tightened his hold on her.

"let me go...", said Manjari.

"Not before you answer my questions."

He dragged her to the couch and sat down next to her, his hands still holding her hands. Manjari tried to pull her hands from his grasps but he only tightened his hold. Refusing to meet his gaze, she continued to look down at the floor.

"The floor is more important than the conversation we are having?" he inquired. "I thought we were friends..."

Manjari said nothing. She did not have an answer to his question.