Sandwiched

Hello, everyone. The next chapter is up and I will be posting one chapter daily! The next few chapters are going to be hot! hot! hot!

Manjari's opened her eyes, wincing as the light streaming through the windows hit her sensitive eyes, sore from last night's crying. Shielding her eyes, she tried to pull herself up, wincing at the stiffness of her muscles. It was then that her mind full registered the weight of someone's arm over her midriff. She took a deep breath. She did not need to turn around to see who it was. Her body remembered his touch all too well. She blushed when she saw how their legs were entwined with each other. She roughly pulled herself out of his embrace, even though her neck protested the move. Rubbing at the sore spot, she yawned, eyes, roaming around the room, memories of last night plaguing her.

She turned to look at the intruder still fast asleep in her bed. How did he get in? and he put her to bed? She felt her heart soften for a minute when she saw the bags under his eyes and the fatigue and worry etched over his face even in sleep. Unconsciously, her hand reached to brush off a stray piece of hair from his forehead when she saw his phone ringing. Reeza. She pulled her hand back as bitterness filled her mouth. She yanked the blankets off Neel which broke his sleep. Neel rubbed his eyes as he looked at Manjari warily. He opened his mouth to say something, but Manjari silenced him with the raise of his hands. "Out", she said. He opened his mouth to resist but stopped when she saw the fury in her eyes. He got off the bed and made his way to the door. He was about to step out when he took two quick steps and whirled Manjari to face him. Manjari tried to free herself from his grasp, but he simply tightened his hold on her. "We are not done yet", he said softly and left her to ponder over his words.

Neel almost threw his phone at the wall. Reeza was driving him mad. She had called him more than 10 times since morning. Normally, he would have taken her call without any hesitation. But since his conversation with Manjari last night, he had ben feeling uneas. He went to the kitchen to grab himself a glass of water. When he looked out of the window, he saw Manjari at her favourite place in the backyard, coffee in her hand. His feet on their own accord began to make their way to her but he stopped himself in time. This was not the right time. He went back to his room to find his phone ringing again. He checked his phone. Reeza again. He silenced his phone and lay down on his bed. He began to replay the events of that fateful day in his mind. Like a reel, he went over and over again the events in his mind. Morning gave way to afternoon evening and night. Neel did not leave his room all day, his mind a maze, trying to figure out his way back. Reeza had been his friend for so long...a good friend...but was there something he had missed in her behaviour? He went over the event of the day for the nth time pulling out dredges of event from his memory. For the past hour, he had a feeling that he was forgetting something important. But no matter how much he went over the events, he could not figure out what was missing. He stood up to make his way to the kitchen in dark. His eyes caught Manjari walking in her backyard. She seemed deep in thought. His heart ached for her, and he wished to hold her in his arms. Soon, he promised himself. Soon.

Manjari surreptitiously eyed Neel's quarters for any sign of him. he had been noticeable by his absence. Not that she was worried for him, she told herself. She was just worried for a fellow human being. That is all. She went around her backyard one more time, her eyes constantly searching for Neel. When there was no sign of him, she made her way back home. Stupid git, she thought to herself. Stupid, inconsiderate git. Why was he hiding? she thought to herself. Or was his guilt eating him up? she wondered. Manjari checked on Amaira who was fast asleep in her bed. She was so glad that the heating issue had been solved...one more day in close proximity to Neel would have killed her. She slowly made her way to her bedroom and changed into her night clothes. She should sleep but she couldn't... memories of Neel, the confusion on her face plaguing her... She sat down on the ledge near the window and looked out. What a mess her life was.