I. Fuck me*

*Warning: slightly sexual content

Nadia and Elijah on the side.

Elijah woke up to the unpleasant smell of cheap floral perfume and the feeling of long hair all over his face. He blinked lazily, trying to sit up, but the tight hold on his abdomen wouldn't fully let him.

Looking down, he eyed the brunette that was snoring lightly. She looked a Hell of a lot more attractive when he had a few drinks in his system.

See, that's the thing about alcohol. If you drink enough, your brain starts photoshopping people.

He ran his hands through his hair and sighed, getting out of bed and pulling on a pair of joggers. "Alright," he mumbled, shuffling over to her side, shaking her lightly. "Get up".

The woman only grumbled, burying her face further in his pillow. He huffed, not in the mood for this at all. Elijah threw the comforter off of her, exposing her naked body, making her curl up at the sudden coolness.

"Hey," he called out, pulling the pillow from underneath her and hitting her with it. Thankfully, it woke her up. Elijah picked up her discarded clothes and passed it to her, "get out".

"Wha- " he didn't even give her a chance to finish as he trailed into the washroom to brush his teeth.

"I don't like to repeat myself, Bridget".

She began putting on her clothes as she corrected him. "Bonnie, actually".

Close enough, he thought to himself. "Why are you still here?" He questioned, quickly rinsing his mouth out before he walked out.

She blushed furiously as she hurriedly pulled on her skimpy black dress, high heels in hand. "Okay, I'll uh, I'll leave".

Elijah walked ahead of her, not even sparing her a glance as he pulled his phone out the plug, scrolling through numerous notifications. "You can let yourself out".

Bonnie left without another word, heavy footsteps stomping away until his front door slammed shut. "Break it," he grumbled caustically. Elijah rubbed his throbbing forehead, the aching now more prominent than before.

Thanks a lot, Bridget.

He turned off the lights in his room, the brightness was making his head hurt worse. Rubbing a hand down his face, Elijah yawned, stretching a little before plopping back down on the bed.

He shot a quick text to his co-worker, asking him to cover for him.

A reply came soon after with his colleague asking how long, to which he sent back the words long enough.

Elijah figured a little nap was in order before he'd allow himself to be productive for the day, just long enough to help rid of his headache.

_________________✍🏾

His little nap lasted a little longer than expected, it now being dark outside. Elijah lazily rolled over to the edge of his bed, grabbing his phone from the night stand.

There were numerous messages concerning work, but he couldn't be bothered to read them.

The time was ten past eight. So, not only did he basically sleep a whole day away, but he also missed work.