AN. Apologies for the delay

I've been meaning to update Nadia's character for years now. But I've always kept putting it off. And as life goes, I forgot about it altogether.

Then, people comment and remind me.

Over.

And over.

And over again.

No, I am not changing her character for the readers. I am changing Nadia's character because, as I've gotten older, I actually realized why it was such an issue to begin with.

There is little to no dark-skin representation for black women in movies/television shows/music videos/books/etc.

And as someone of a darker pigmentation myself who also was young and naive at the time, I emulated what I saw around me. I was under the impression that being lighter was the standard of beauty. (I know, I was an idiot child). So, my books always depicted the main female character as someone of lighter skin.

I got Wattpad at a young age as some of you know and when Wattpad was still new and fresh, all the black characters had lighter skin. I didn't think much of it, I just rolled with it. But it was engrained in my head that - honestly I can't even explain it. I've rewritten this paragraph like 5 times, but I truly hope that you guys catch my drift.

What I'm trying to say is this: I was ignorant until I finally took the time to educate myself and realize that I was unknownlingly part of the problem.

So, I want to reverse my mistake.

And I hope you all find it in your heart to forgive me.

Here's the updated Nadia:

*Over the course of the next few days, I'll be going back and rewriting her character to properly fit her

*Over the course of the next few days, I'll be going back and rewriting her character to properly fit her. (I.E. "she could feel herself turning red" to  "she felt her face get hot" because contrary to popular belief, we do blush).