VI. This Elliot guy

"So, then what the Hell are you?"

"I don't know".

"Are you guys dating?"

"No," Nadia sighed, already done with her friends incessant prodding.

"Then what? 'Cause you're definitely not just friends". Rebecca rolled over on her friends bed and grabbed a hold of one of the pillows, placing it under her head. She watched Nadia who was trying and failing to concentrate on the pile of work in front of her.

"You know," Nadia drawled, "you're extremely annoying".

Rebecca rolled her eyes, promptly ignoring Nadia's question, sitting up a little. "But, seriously, you've known this Elliot gu- "

"Elijah," Nadia corrected, groaning when she made a mistake on her essay, scratching out yet another misspelled word. Thank goodness this was a rough draft.

"Sorry. You've known Elijah for about a month now apparently, but yet this is the first time i've heard of him. How is that possible?" Rebecca raised a brow at her friend.

"We've only really been talking on the phone as of late or just texting. I mean, there's not really much to tell-wait, let me rephrase that. There's not really much i'd like to tell you, if i'm honest".

"Oh, so you don't see each other often, then?" Rebecca asked. She reached a hand over to Nadia's nightstand to grab at the pack of gum, taking out a piece and shoving the rest of the pack into her trouser pocket, unnoticed.

"Our schedules tend to clash a lot; when he's free, i have work or school, and same goes for me with him and his work". Nadia replied, staring blankly at the Godforsaken essay she knew would take nothing short of a miracle to finish. She stuck her papers into a random page of one of her school books and pushed them aside; she'd finish it later.

She turned around on her desk chair, paying all her attention to Rebecca now. "Can i at least know what he looks like or is that something else you feel i can't know either?" She asked caustically, a smile playing on her lips, letting Nadia know she was just teasing.

Nadia grabbed her phone from the table when it dinged, "I'll do you one better," she grinned as she read Elijah's text, replying back. "How about meeting him?"

"When?"

"In about an hour from now," Nadia answered, no longer looking at her friend, but at her phone screen, fingers rapidly tapping against it. "Want to go out to eat?"

"Sure. Let's go to Winsome, we haven't eaten there in a while". Rebecca's stomach practically grumbled at the thought of their burgers. She got up off Nadia's bed, letting out a content sigh as she stretched.

Nadia sent Elijah a quick text.

Come over to my place, i'll take you there. You still remember the address, yeah?

Elijah texted back soon after, replying with a yeah and see you in a bit.

"Alright, he's coming over, so," Nadia waved a hand toward her bedroom door, sliding her phone into her back pocket, "leave. We'll meet you there".

"Fine, whatever," she rolled her eyes, "i need to get changed anyway". With Nadia practically shoving her out the room, Rebecca managed to get out the words: "Can i ask one more question, though? Please?"

She huffed, "shoot".

"Did you guys fuck yet?"

"Get out, please". She heard her friend's retreating laughter. "Don't ask him that either".