X. Show it*

Continuation

*Warning: sexual content

Nadia stood at Elijah's front door, contemplating whether or not to just turn around now. She could say no, she didn't want to be there at all. But, then she'd be lying.

As ridiculous as it sounds considering the incident that occurred only days before, Nadia really wanted to see Elijah again. She wanted to hug him and kiss him and just be in his presence.

But, once rational thought comes back, Nadia realizes how stupid she's being. She could never think straight around him and that irritated her to no end. Hell, even when he wasn't, he'd still somehow manage to flood her mind with him and only him.

"You okay?"

The sudden voice startled her out of her thoughts. Nadia looked up, meeting Elijah's curious gaze. "Yeah," she cleared her throat, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm fine".

Elijah stepped aside, letting her in. "Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat or drink maybe," he offered.

She declined. "No, I'm good, thank you". Nadia tried, but failed, to hold in a yawn. "If it's alright with you, I'd really like to just go to sleep".

"Yeah, of course". He led Nadia to his bedroom, "you can sleep in here. The guestroom is being renovated right now".

Nadia shook her head. "I'm okay with the couch. It feels weird just taking your room like that".

"No," Elijah refused. "It'd feel weird for me if you were to sleep on the couch and I'd be on the bed".

"But —" he gave her a look, effectively shutting her up.

"You can take my bed, it's no problem," Elijah insisted in a lightly stern tone, leaving no room for any argument. "I'll sleep in the parlor". He grabbed one of his pillows before making his way to her. Bending down, he placed a kiss to her forehead. "Goodnight, sweetheart".

"Goodnight," she whispered, watching him leave and shut the door behind him.

_________________✍

Elijah stepped back inside his room later that night once he was sure Nadia was fast asleep. He'd already showered and dressed up for where they were going.

He walked over to her sleeping figure, gently shaking her awake. "Nadia," he whispered. "Wake up, love".

She groaned lightly, turning her body away from him. Nadia pulled the comforter over her head in hopes of blocking out the noise.

"C'mon," he chuckled, shaking her again. "We have somewhere to be".

Nadia peeked her head out the comforters, giving him a squinted glare through the dark room. "No," she huffed, "leave me alone". She scooted away from him, groaning in annoyance when he turned on the bedside lamp. "Dude, I just fell asleep," she murmured.

"I apologize. But, i think you'll be happy once you see why i woke you up".

"Did you even sleep?" Her voice came out muffled against the pillow.

"Of course," he replied, "for about an hour or two".

"How do you have so much energy at," she opened one eye to look at the time on the alarm clock, groaning at what she saw. "Four fifteen in the fucking morning? You must have lost your damn mind. I'm not getting off this bed," Nadia declared, pulling the comforter over her head.