IV. Hi

Elijah took a deep breath in as his doctor, Florence McGee, instructed while she checked his heart rate with her stethoscope. "Alright," she took it out from her ears, letting it hang around her neck. Dr McGee watched his fidgeting hands rapidly tapping against his thigh. "Are you taking your meds?"

"Yes," he lied, nodding.

Putting her hands on top of his, she stilled his movements, staring him straight in the eyes with a stern yet soft look. "You're lying, Elijah".

He shrugged carelessly, "i don't need to take it, i feel fine," he hopped off the bed, adjusting his slightly risen shirt.

"Yeah, you see, that's the problem. When you do take the medicine, you get better, and because of that, you believe it's served it's purpose and it's no longer needed. Not only is that extremely dangerous, Elijah, but completely wreckless on your part," Dr McGee chided.

"I can't stand the way it makes me feel, it's like i'm a robot; no feelings whatsoever. There's never a moment when i'm angry, happy, or upset. But, that's what you'd prefer, isn't it?"

Dr McGee shook her head, "I'm not — i don't prefer anything. But, as your doctor, i strongly suggest that you get back on your medication, all of them this time. It's not safe for you to be on and off of it as you wish just because you think you don't need it".

Clenching his jaw, Elijah slightly glared at her. "And, i'll tell you again, i feel fine. Hear that? I actually feel something unlike when i'm on my meds". With furrowed brows, he ran a hand through his locks.

All the medication he was constantly being prescribed would make him feel numb; almost as if he felt so much that he'd begin to feel absolutely nothing at all, having not a care in the world for anything or anyone.

He'd feel like a whole different person. "The meds don't help me, it makes me worse," Elijah stepped closer, making Dr McGee nervously back up, warily eyeing him as if he were some mad man that would strike any second.

Noticing her reaction, Elijah moved away from her. He began walking toward the door, his hand on the handle when Dr McGee spoke again. "Can you at least try to take it?" she pleaded.

"Tell you what, when i start feeling psycho again, i'll make sure to pop a few pills," he forced a smile her way as if to reassure her, which it didn't, by the way. Elijah opened the door, calling out over his shoulder as he walked out, "see you next month".

Elijah fucking hated doctors visits.

_________________✍

"...Ms Ohaz," Nadia's professor calls out, waving his hand in front of her face. "Ms Ohaz, Nadia!" She snaps out of her stupor, eyes focusing on him with a small hum. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Nadia nodded, standing up. "Why wouldn't i be?" She looked around, her eyes widened slightly at the sight of an empty classroom, hurriedly gathering up her books and laptop, waving goodbye to her professor.

Walking out the building, Nadia checked the time on her cell phone, picking up her pace once she did. If she didn't get to the hospital in less than ten minutes, she'd be late for work.

But, considering how far her school is from there, Nadia slowed down, realizing that there was no point in rushing, knowing she'd be late regardless. She took her time in getting there, stopping once for gas and a bag of crisps.

Once Nadia got to the hospital, she took her scrubs out from the backseat of her car and hurried into the building. She clocked in before going in one of the employee rooms to change into her uniform.