XI. The fort expert*

*Warning: slightly sexual content.

"We're going to need more blankets".

The couple looked at the pile of comforters on Nadia's couch. Some were spilling over onto the floor and the rest were stacked on top of the other — it looked like a mini mountain.

"No," Elijah shook his head. "I actually think we have too many".

"Who are you? The fort expert?"

He raised his hands in surrender, a smirk tugging at his lips. "I promise you, I'm fully aware by now that title belongs to you".

"Damn right it does," she huffed, quickly tying her hair up into a bun before picking up a fallen comforter. "Now, watch the master at work".

Elijah gave her a mock salute and sat down on the far end of a couch. He picked up his box of pizza and set Nadia's back down on the coffee table (they order two boxes each time now since Elijah's choice of toppings are "disgusting").

"Move, please," Nadia told him, quietly thanking him when he did as she pushed all her furniture together. She began throwing all the blankets and comforters everywhere, and Elijah had to hold in his laughter whenever the blankets would fall flat.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" He asked as he took a bite of his pizza.

Nadia blew out a breath, "no". She stood up on her tip toes on one of the couches and picked up a blanket, tacking it to the ceiling with a push pin. "I'm good, thanks". She finished soon after and got down to admire her handy work. "So?" Nadia turns to her boyfriend. "Looks good, right?"

"Um," Elijah stared on at it with a confused expression. "Can I be honest?"

"I asked for your opinion, didn't I?" Nadia picked up her box of pizza from the coffee table and went into the kitchen. "D'you want water?"

"Yeah, thanks. Okay," he walked around, getting a full view of it. "This has got to be the ugliest fort I've ever seen in my life. I feel like it could fall on us and smuggle us to death in half a second".

Nadia scoffed as she came out the kitchen, two water bottles in her other hand. "I did it in like five minutes," she immediately defended.

"I promise you, love, time was not the reason why it ended up looking like a death trap," Elijah shook his head, laughing.

"Asshole".

"You're the one who wanted my opinion," Elijah replied.

"Well, lie to me next time". Nadia turned on the television and switched it to Apple TV while Elijah went to turn off all the lights. She clicked on Netflix and waited for it to load while crawling under their hazardous fort.

Elijah nodded, crawling in right behind her. "Okay. I really like your shirt".

She sat down and gave him a blank look, rolling her eyes when he started laughing.

"Anyway," she drawled. "There's this show I've recently got into," Nadia took the Apple TV remote from beside her, scrolling through numerous television shows and movies. "It's called Heros, ever heard of it?" She asked, looking at him.

Elijah shook his head in response, putting his legs on either side of her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back flush against his chest.

"Well, then you haven't lived, my friend".

Nadia clicked on the show, popping open her box of pizza and took a bite as the two waited for it to load. Minutes in to the programme and Nadia was completely sucked in, her eyes only tearing away from the screen to occasionally grab another slice.