The final Battle

Over in Wakanda, the situation extremely tense. The fighting across the globe may have stopped, but only because everyone had gathered here.

Their defensive line was simple in its' construction. The warriors that Eart had collected had formed up in a protective half-sphere with their 'bait,' Vision and Dr. Strange, in the center of the formation. Mind, the pair of them were amongst their heaviest hitters. Perhaps they should have been placed on the front lines with some of the other Avengers. But the intent was to draw Thanos' entire army to them and, really, they were the best people to protect their respective stones.

Earlier, Tony had looked like he'd gotten a great idea and had gone to Loki, asking him if they could simply destroy the Stones and save themselves some trouble. Loki had sighed and looked at the other man with a deadpan expression.

"The Stones are the literal embodiments of our reality, Tony," Loki said firmly. You cannot simply destroy them like you would a normal stone. If you somehow managed to destroy them, then the likelihood of reality itself collapsing around us is extremely high. That or it would blow up everything in the immediate area. And by that, I mean at minimum the entire planet we are trying to protect if not this entire solar system!"

"Oh... uh..." Tony had looked back at him with wide eyes. "Oh."

"The only thing that might be capable of destroying the Stones without destroying everything else in the process," Loki said after a moment of silence, "would be the Stones themselves. But even that might not work. Best not to risk it."

The conversation had ended at that point with Tony wandering back to his post with a shell-shocked look on his face. Loki didn't blame him. The full extent of the power that the Stone's held was daunting.

Loki shook his head and looked around at the forces around him. He nodded his head in satisfaction. Their own forces had held up well against Thanos'. They'd lost less than Loki and Pepper had originally calculated. Not only that, but most of the members of the Avengers were still in fighting shape. Mind, more than one of them looked worse for wear.

Scott, for example, had been punched in the face. His left eye was swollen and bruised up and it looked like he was sporting a broken nose. Sam was out of the fighting and had been sent back to the main base to help with logistics. The guy's right arm had been broken. Wong had been benched briefly, Dr. Strange hovering worriedly over his friend... co-worker?... and ordering him to sit down with his back straight so he could confirm if Wong had a broken rib or if they'd just been bruised.

It was remarkable that they'd all survived this lone.

"It's the teamwork," Steve said with a soft smile beside him. Loki had apparently said that last thought out loud. "Everyone is working together and has each other's backs. We have trust and faith in each other. Thanos' people... they're just... just canon-fodder."

"Sadly, yes," Loki said with a sigh and a nod of his head. "Thanos' does not treat his people as if they are people. He just throws them at his target until his foes are overwhelmed by sheer numbers. If... to be honest, were it not for the fact we are working together so well, we would not have made it this far."

"They really are something, aren't they brother?" Thor said with a warm smile, standing shoulder to shoulder with Loki. "Human's, I mean. They can do so much when they have a united cause."

Loki didn't respond, instead offering Thor a faint smile. He looked outwards at the seemingly endless army before them. So many creatures. So many different species before them. People from all of the worlds that Thanos' had subdued. People that he had conscripted for his army. Oddly enough, they were just standing there. Snarling and growling. Like beasts chomping at the bit, but unable to act until they had orders from their master.