Finding answers

Loki's apartment was quite the sight these days. Especially since things outside had gone to Hel in a handbasket...

Hydra bringing in the Winter Soldier had been a major mistake for the secret organization to make. Said action had tipped S.H.I.E.L.D. off to their activities, proving without a doubt that the information Loki had been sharing about a 'secret group' was accurate. In turn, they had deployed Rogers, the Good Ol' Captain America, out on a mission to try and uncover more information on the group. Hydra's reaction? Take acts that only further exposed their presence to Rogers and the others.

A brilliant job that.

Loki had indeed sent that 'snowball' rolling as intended. And to make matters worse, there was no stopping it! Loki couldn't be bothered to check in on Rogers and his activities, the man alone would make sure that no one was hurt on either side of the conflict. No, Loki's eyes were glued to a computer screen for the third day in a row for another reason entirely. That reason was also why there were way too many dirty coffee mugs and a half-filled pot sitting on the table next to his open laptop.

The Winter Soldier. The man on the run from police and S.H.I.E.L.D.. The man who had a kill record as one of the best assassins in the world. He was Loki's problem, because he was the one most likely to kill someone. And any such death would be Loki's fault.

Loki hadn't really bothered to look in a mirror recently. It wasn't like he was going to leave the room any time soon. Had he bothered though, he would have found that his pupils had grown slightly dilated, his hair was loose of its' tie and was a mess, and he had dark patches under his eyes. All in all, he looked quite manic at the moment.

Who are you, Mr. Robot-arm assassin?! Loki thought to himself with a small, vicious sounding snarl. I shall find you! I will learn the words that make you tick. To make you falter in your goal.

It was long and strenuous work, but Loki had managed to dig up pictures. All of which were connected with some unexplained 'disaster' involving a lot of dead people. There was nothing to be found when he looked for singular attacks, but it was easier to hide a singular murder behind the guise of an accident. Working his way backward, Loki had started to focus on those unexplained incidents where many people had died all at once due to explosions, gas leaks, and other 'mass accidents.' It was slow going, trying to sort through each and every image and piece of footage to see if he could find his robot-armed assassin, but he was determined to find a lead.

Most of the footage and photos were duds. Of course, they were. Nothing of use to be found in the Vietnam incident where American soldiers had thrown harsh chemicals on the native population.

Nothing in the mass shooting in Rwanda where there were two tribes of dark-skinned people at each other's throats. A shooting that ended up being a massacre on both sides.

Nothing in Tibet when China had taken over and cruelly shot down any native resident that refused to bend knee.

Only one thing could be confirmed as Loki looked over all of these atrocities; that there were, and likely would always be, incidents where

humans killed humans. Where they tortured and maimed each other over the strangest things.

The more he saw, the more he felt that his very first opinion of them had been entirely correct... humans were dangerous, foolish creatures.

It didn't matter which nation he looked at. It didn't matter what skin color they had. It didn't even matter what language they spoke. Every country, every civilization, every religion, had a dark history that involved a lot of blood, a lot of pain, and a whole lot of death.