Monster in the alleyway

Loki looked at a big screen suspended over the city, a frown marring his face. An image of his own face was currently being featured on the big screen, his real self that is, with black hair and pale skin wearing his old Asgardian armor that he'd just recently abandoned. The image showed him standing on top of the Stark tower, hoisting his staff high while a bunch of text scrolled by beneath the moving image. As he tracked the words rolling by, he realized that they covered all kinds of news from Midgard. Most of it looked boring.

Scratch that. All of it looked boring.

There was no sound to accompany the images on the screen, sadly, so he had to make due with watching the changing images. Images that would go back to himself with high frequency. The others featured most often were Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Steven Rogers. Oddly enough, the red-haired woman who had tricked him into sharing information and the guy with arrows that had been one of his first pawns seemed to be mysteriously missing from the little roster on the screen.

Reading the text may have been dull, but Loki was able to garner some information from the mess. Bruce Banner had been pardoned due to his heroics in the New York incident. What he needed to be pardoned for, was not something they listed. Some guy called Lieutenant Ross certainly wasn't happy about it from the looks of things. A captioned video of him looking apoplectic played, with him viciously calling the HULK a high level threat to society. Honestly, it was rather hard to disagree with that one given Loki's first-hand experience with the brute.

Loki frowned as he brought a cold sandwich to his mouth, taking a decent bite before he slowly chewed said food. Something else that he'd found that he had to deal with in this form was hunger. Now Loki had only very rarely felt hunger in his life, both because he'd been raised as a Prince and due to Asgardian/Jotun natures. They didn't need as much food as Midgardians did. In fact, he usually only ate because it was necessary to do so to stay sharp and aware. Further more, food fueled his magic so it was common sense to eat if he was planning on using a lot of magic in a short amount of time. Because of their better natures, it wasn't an absolute must to eat at all times.

Now though? He started to feel pathetically weak if he didn't eat. Not even three hours after his arrival and he'd started to light-headed with his stomach voicing those odd-sounding complaints.

So this is hunger? he'd thought to himself in annoyance. And these humans feel like this all the time? How inconvenient.

Thankfully, food had been easy enough to come by. Several tents had been put up to aid victims from the New York incident. Lines of people had formed in front of said tents and those in line were offered free food and water. Not the highest quality of food, but food none-the-less. All Loki had to do was to join one the many lines.

That was not all to find in amongst the tents. There were also huge containers filled with donated clothes for the self same victims. There were people trying to sort said clothes into different categories as they handed them out; sizes, color, etc. Once again, all Loki had to do was join a line, play his part as a down trodden victim and he was walked off with at least one full set of Midgardian clothes.

He couldn't say he was particularly fond of them though. Rough pants which the Midgardians called 'jeans', a black t-shirt that was scratchy and... the people handing things out had called it a hoodie? Regardless, the clothing served its' purpose of allowing him to blend in further still amongst the masses. The coat he had managed to snag on top of all the rest was at least dignified, a long and simple black thing that had some class to it.

He would simply have to acquire different clothes at a later time. For now though, he needed to ensure he had the basic things he needed for survival, namely food and shelter. Then he could see about obtaining clothes that he actually might find acceptable to his standards.